The Student Room Group

Atonement and A Room with a View

Desperately need help!! I'm supposed to compare Atonement and A Room with a View for my coursework which is a 3500 word essay. However, i'm really struggling to compare the two novels as I feel they are quite different. My question is to 'Explore and critically compare the development of lucy honeychurch and briony tallis in atonement'. However, I can make up my own question if I feel it would be easier. Please help me come up with some key scenes to compare.
Original post by englishlitforevs
Desperately need help!! I'm supposed to compare Atonement and A Room with a View for my coursework which is a 3500 word essay. However, i'm really struggling to compare the two novels as I feel they are quite different. My question is to 'Explore and critically compare the development of lucy honeychurch and briony tallis in atonement'. However, I can make up my own question if I feel it would be easier. Please help me come up with some key scenes to compare.

If you're struggling with this question, why not change your own question you'd be more suited for?

I've only read Atonement, never View.

But if I were you, I would change it as Briony's character obviously changed and evolves throughout the course of the novel.

Maybe do something to do with memory or the past? That might be easier for you since you're having trouble with tackling this question...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending