The Student Room Group

Hillary does seem to be genuinely sick... What will happen?

Scroll to see replies

Then hopefully Trump will win!
Original post by alevelstresss
Who needs professional doctors when we've got experts like yourself dictating whether or not people are healthy enough for presidency? :rolleyes:

Have you actually watched the most recent incident? This isn't some conspiracy theory; it's very difficult to ignore at this point and certainly worth discussing.

I was skeptical at first (partly out of hope, being anti-Trump) but it does appear quite concerning now. However, if Clinton did pull out, Trump would not automatically win - the committee would replace Clinton and, at this late stage, the election would most likely be postponed.
Original post by macromicro
Have you actually watched the most recent incident? This isn't some conspiracy theory; it's very difficult to ignore at this point and certainly worth discussing.

I was skeptical at first (partly out of hope, being anti-Trump) but it does appear quite concerning now. However, if Clinton did pull out, Trump would not automatically win - the committee would replace Clinton and, at this late stage, the election would most likely be postponed.

She had also had several coughing fits and forgets things frequently.
(edited 7 years ago)
If she doesn't make an appearance soon it's all over, she's dying :moon:
Original post by The_Opinion
She had also had several coffing fits and forgets things frequently.

And needs help making it up stairs

Vice president will take over. She actually does look seriously unwell. :/
That isn't a scientific poll. It was opt-in, it wasn't weighted and it had a low sample size. That means the results just reflect the opinions of the 250 who happened to vote, not physicians as a whole. Even if it did, you couldn't rule out political bias - for instance, they could be all higher-earners who favour the Republican Party for their lower tax rates.

As for the original question - if Clinton were to withdraw from the race, the Democrats would need to select another candidate which would be done by the national committee.
She might have caught something from Bill :frown:

i hope she does not faint when about to push the button for Mr Kim Jong Un.
Original post by The_Opinion
She had also had several coffing fits and forgets things frequently.

(*coughing)

The one that made me take it seriously was this interview where she has a small seizure but manages to recover and pass it off as a joke. I think this newest incident is worse though and has left her campaign with two choices: a) release medical records or b) pull out.
Original post by KingBradly
I don't know what you people's problem is, Jesus your attitude is horribly bitter. I don't even support Trump. I'm genuinely curious what the procedure will be if Hillary ends up being too ill.

lol you definitely support trump to an extent
Original post by SuperHuman98
@KingBradly well it depends, if Hilary is very ill to the point where she drops out or dies then the Democratic National Comitee has to choose a new candidate. I think she would have to drop out by her own choice, the party can't just take it away. Well thats what I think.

I'm pretty sure that this is incorrect and that nomination procedures are decided by individual states. Since it's almost certainly too late to change the rules and no Republican senate would anyway, it seems more likely that Hilary would remain on the ballot and would have to technically resign allowing her VP to inherit her position if she won.
Original post by Saoirse:3
That isn't a scientific poll. It was opt-in, it wasn't weighted and it had a low sample size. That means the results just reflect the opinions of the 250 who happened to vote, not physicians as a whole. Even if it did, you couldn't rule out political bias - for instance, they could be all higher-earners who favour the Republican Party for their lower tax rates.

250 doctors is still a significant sample size and to assume that the 177 doctors are all politically biased is a massive stretch. Even if only 10% of those doctors were impartial, that's still 18 doctors saying there is something seriously wrong, and that can't be ignored. The poll was also before this 9/11 memorial incident.
Original post by Crijjkal
They are using a double body

I swear that top pic is Elton John.
Original post by macromicro
250 doctors is still a significant sample size and to assume that the 177 doctors are all politically biased is a massive stretch. Even if only 10% of those doctors were impartial, that's still 18 doctors saying there is something seriously wrong, and that can't be ignored. The poll was also before this 9/11 memorial incident.

Those doctors, however, have likely never examined Secretary Clinton. It's their personal opinions based on news reports - not a professional medical opinion. They have no way of actually knowing about whether or not she has continuing health issues. I'm not downplaying the concerns - clearly it isn't ideal for her - but this poll is pretty meaningless.
Original post by malebo55
Such as how to spell?

I find this whole thread disability discriminatoration.
Original post by Crijjkal

It will be like El Cid, she will be literally dead on the night of the election and they'll wheel her out and speak using a microphone, ''this is the voice of Hillary, vote 4 me''
(edited 7 years ago)
https://ballotpedia.org/State_laws_and_party_rules_on_replacing_a_presidential_nominee

Here we go. She's already ratified as being on the ballot in multiple states. It would likely have to go to court on a state by state basis and unfortunately for the Democrats, the Republicans are very strong at a state level across huge swathes of the US.

Quick Reply

Latest