The Student Room Group

Hillary does seem to be genuinely sick... What will happen?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iridocyclitis
I find this whole thread disability discriminatoration.

Deplorable thread
I am pissing myself with laughter rn, the fact this crazy mofo might actually take it and if he does, Milo Yiannopoulos could be press secretary and if he doesn't, it'll be the craziest neo-con warmonger the world has ever seen who might ****ing fall down on the red button at any time if her AIDS gets the better of her :rofl: What a time to be alive.
I don't know. Let's just wait for doctors to decide whether she is sick or well. No need for any speculation.
Original post by Saoirse:3
Those doctors, however, have likely never examined Secretary Clinton. It's their personal opinions based on news reports - not a professional medical opinion.

Of course, but speculation by a doctor is significantly more trust-worthy. We have 177 doctors saying that the evidence thus far looks serious. Passing that off as meaningless because they could all be politically biased is a little flippant. I agree the poll is very far from concrete but they certainly have some credibility and do help encourage the next steps, e.g. if you look at the other questions, 66% believe her medical records should be released (which, in fact, doesn't require any medical examination of her; it's a question of medical ethics).
Original post by Rakas21
https://ballotpedia.org/State_laws_and_party_rules_on_replacing_a_presidential_nominee

Here we go. She's already ratified as being on the ballot in multiple states. It would likely have to go to court on a state by state basis and unfortunately for the Democrats, the Republicans are very strong at a state level across huge swathes of the US.

I expect though that the courts, even if the judges were Republican-leaning, would co-operate in such a case. Most would in any case be establishment Republicans who may quietly prefer a Democratic president to Trump anyway, especially if it was a President Trump who only won because his opponent died/got seriously ill and has no legitimacy. The bigger problem would be winning with a candidate who'd start so far behind in terms of recognition and awareness - I'd say they might have to turn to Bernie in that case just because of his existing profile.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Trump will win, Melenia will air her presence at the White House as First Lady, walls will be built and the 'Murican dream will be fulfilled

I am ****ing *****ing myself. People are gonna be committing suicide all over the place
Original post by macromicro
Of course, but speculation by a doctor is significantly more trust-worthy. We have 177 doctors saying that the evidence thus far looks serious. Passing that off as meaningless because they could all be politically biased is a little flippant. I agree the poll is very far from concrete but they certainly have some credibility and do help encourage the next steps, e.g. if you look at the other questions, 66% believe her medical records should be released (which, in fact, doesn't require any medical examination of her; it's a question of medical ethics).

I'm sure I could find you 250 doctors saying the exact opposite though. The fact that 177 doctors say this is utterly irrelevant - if, for instance, the sample was so biased that in truth only 5% of doctors believed there was an issue, then it wouldn't be a problem at all.
Original post by alevelstresss
Who needs professional doctors when we've got experts like yourself dictating whether or not people are healthy enough for presidency? :rolleyes:

You realise, it has been the professional doctors who started this.
Original post by Supersaps
I swear that top pic is Elton John.

It's the what if I told you guy from The Matrix.
Original post by Little Popcorns
I am ****ing *****ing myself. People are gonna be committing suicide all over the place

The White House will be made White again
Original post by Saoirse:3
The fact that 177 doctors say this is utterly irrelevant - if, for instance, the sample was so biased that in truth only 5% of doctors believed there was an issue, then it wouldn't be a problem at all.

I think it's odd to assume such high political bias. I agree there will be some but, as I already said, even if only a very low percentage were impartial - which seems highly realistic considering the position of a doctor - that's still a decent amount of more trust-worthy opinions. I think we can credit 250 doctors with at least some of them being able to offer objective analysis without political influence.

But alas, we're going around in circles and I do understand your hesitation in accepting the poll. What we can agree on is that it will put more pressure on Clinton to release her medical records or announce stepping down, since it's been quoted by so many media outlets who will not have analysed the poll's scientific credibility in the slightest.
So, Clinton's doctor just said she has Pneumonia

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/775083874611322880
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by balanced
You realise, it has been the professional doctors who started this.

and other professional doctors say she's fine
Original post by Crijjkal
So, Clinton's doctor just said she has Pneumonia

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/775083874611322880

Original post by KimKallstrom
gif

this whole thing just seems so ODD

Like they just bundle her in a van without explanation? She literally passes out, loses her shoes and they still drive off as if nothing has happened. This is someone who is running to be President of the United states for the next 8 years.

Now after months of saying Hillary is fine her party has backtracked and said she has pneumonia after the van video leaked.
Inb4 this happens:

She steps down as Democratic nominee due to the illness, replaced by Bernie Sanders, who becomes president by a landslide due to a number of things, including his honesty and commitment over time.

Honestly, pro-Trump people should've let her become ill and everything as she's the candidate who would make a Trump win easiest.
Original post by Craig1998
Inb4 this happens:

She steps down as Democratic nominee due to the illness, replaced by Bernie Sanders, who becomes president by a landslide due to a number of things, including his honesty and commitment over time.

Honestly, pro-Trump people should've let her become ill and everything as she's the candidate who would make a Trump win easiest.

Sanders would be an easy win for Trump, Biden would have been harder.
Original post by The_Opinion
Sanders would be an easy win for Trump, Biden would have been harder.

Sanders would have the right mix of showcasing his policies and completely obliterating Trump's stuff. Clinton is all going for why Trump/Pence are incapable but not showing any of her policies (which are more helpful to Americans than anything Trump's farted out).
Original post by Craig1998
Sanders would have the right mix of showcasing his policies and completely obliterating Trump's stuff. Clinton is all going for why Trump/Pence are incapable but not showing any of her policies (which are more helpful to Americans than anything Trump's farted out).

You quite frankly do not understand the American electorate. Sanders could not even win in the Democrat race running from the left, the idea that he would somehow win more voters than Hillary, who is more central than him and who has a huge election fund is just silly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending