The Student Room Group

History or Politics?

Hi guys, so I just started sixth form and I have a bad feeling about history. I'm not really enjoying the lessons. Always kinda enjoyed Politics growing up. Anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do??
Reply 1
Original post by Amazinggiraffe
Hi guys, so I just started sixth form and I have a bad feeling about history. I'm not really enjoying the lessons. Always kinda enjoyed Politics growing up. Anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do??

I had a bad feeling about history and I got an A at AS. Keep with it for now!

I take both history and politics and generally they're both very enjoyable subjects. Tough but interesting, especially near the end when everything comes together. At the beginning, especially with history, it can feel a bit all over the place.
Original post by jamestg
I had a bad feeling about history and I got an A at AS. Keep with it for now!

I take both history and politics and generally they're both very enjoyable subjects. Tough but interesting, especially near the end when everything comes together. At the beginning, especially with history, it can feel a bit all over the place.

History is just A-Level whereas Politics is AS & A-Level. Half the workload in the second year? Do you think that makes a difference?

Thanks for replying!! :smile:
Reply 3
History is just A-Level whereas Politics is AS & A-Level. Half the workload in the second year? Do you think that makes a difference?

Thanks for replying!! :smile:

Yes it will, if I assume you don't have to retake any politics exams and you are revising AS history content throughout Y13 - the workload of history would be double that of politics.
Original post by jamestg
Yes it will, if I assume you don't have to retake any politics exams and you are revising AS history content throughout Y13 - the workload of history would be double that of politics.

God, it's such a difficult decision... Thanks for helping out :smile:
Reply 5
God, it's such a difficult decision... Thanks for helping out :smile:

No worries! If you have any questions just tag or PM me since I take both at A2 level :-)

Quick Reply

Latest