The Student Room Group

How can i link my paragraph to the question about Enoch Powell.....

How can i link the first 3 paragraphs to Enoch Powell not having much of an impact on immigration ???

Paragraph 1 - immigration in the 1950's and 60's. And the issues such as housing, employment and culture.

Paragraph 2 - What the government did about it in the 1960's (laws). Riots

Paragraph 3 - Enoch Powell 'rivers of blood' speech.

paragraph 4 - conclusion
What is the question and what is your point, you need to be more clear than Enoch Powell didnt impact immigration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by BobBobson
What is the question and what is your point, you need to be more clear than Enoch Powell didnt impact immigration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My question is:
"Explain the impact of Enoch Powell on immigration in the 1950s -1960s"

Paragraph 1 - I describe the relationship between British people and immigrants in the 50s and 60s.

Paragraph 2 - I explain about the rioting and what the government done e.g 'commonwealth immigration act'

Paragraph 3 - I explain about and use quotes from the rivers of blood speech by Enoch Powell. I then explain what happens after his speech. E.g he gets sacked but receives popular support from white working class people.

Paragraph 4 - overall I believe that Enoch Powell did not have much of an impact on immigration because .... He only highlighted the issues cause they were already there and he could not t actively do anything about them anyway. At the time of his speech his party wasn't even in government .......
Reply 3
Maybe focus on what he did overall rather than just his speech?

Quick Reply

Latest