The Student Room Group

What job did you get after Uni?

Did anyone go into a job where you didn't necessarily need a degree after Uni? Or one that was out of your subject area? I studied Marketing but it seems jobs in that field are non-existent at junior level in the place I want to live. I find it easy to get temp admin roles but I worry about going into a job where a degree is not required.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
The job I have and all I applied for need degrees, but the companies do have alternate routes. A degree not being required job is no biggie, if it's what you want to do.
It is out of my 'strict' subject area - studied law but doing risk consultancy. There are many crossovers though.
Original post by Hexagon1992
Did anyone go into a job where you didn't necessarily need a degree after Uni? Or one that was out of your subject area? I studied Marketing but it seems jobs in that field are non-existent at junior level in the place I want to live. I find it easy to get temp admin roles but I worry about going into a job where a degree is not required.

Quite a lot of graduates do and usually not out of choice. Others have to compromise on location to be able to get the graduate job they were working towards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending