The Student Room Group

D prediction in fourth A Level- can I apply to good universities?

So I'm predicted A*AAD in Maths, Further maths, economics and physics. I want to do maths and economics at a RUssell Group uni. Should I drop the physics subject I got a D in (I didn't do an AS I did internal exams) or will universities only look at the top three A Level subjects? I am confident that I can improve and get An A/B in the actual A Level since I just didn't revise and manage my time properly last year.
Reply 1
unis shouldn't be bothered about the 4th subject so don't worry
Why don't you just contact the admissions tutor's for the unis you wanna go to and see what they suggest
(edited 7 years ago)
Just drop it, universities only ask for 3 A levels.
drop physics
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm predicted A*AAD in Maths, Further maths, economics and physics. I want to do maths and economics at a RUssell Group uni. Should I drop the physics subject I got a D in (I didn't do an AS I did internal exams) or will universities only look at the top three A Level subjects? I am confident that I can improve and get An A/B in the actual A Level since I just didn't revise and manage my time properly last year.

If you didn't do the AS, you won't have to declare anything about it on your UCAS. I'd honestly just drop it, as it leaves a bad mark on your application, since then you'll likely get a weak reference and predicted grade for physics as a result - which the uni will see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending