The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying to Trinity College (Cambridge)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by RugileRar
This doesn't apply for internationals (aka those who took only national examinations). According to official conversion table, my results would equal IB 7,7,7,7,6.5 (i know this doesn't exist but my result is intermediate).

To be clear, it applies to ALL internationals who took A-levels or IB, not local equivalents.
Original post by jneill
To be clear, it applies to ALL internationals who took A-levels or IB, not local equivalents.

Yes, exactly what I was trying to say :smile:
Reply 22
Yes, exactly what I was trying to say :smile:

So, again for clarity, you said College X does not pool internationals. But in fact they must.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
So, again for clarity, you said College X does not pool internationals. But in fact they must.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was an important word. USUALLY. They definitely do but they do it much more rarely than others. I didn't create this by myself - it was told by my very first college admissions tutor.
There was an important word. USUALLY. They definitely do but they do it much more rarely than others. I didn't create this by myself - it was told by my very first college admissions tutor.

Thank you for sharing your experience, It's good to know.
Reply 25
Original post by xianlong
Please stop spreading misinformation. It's disrespectful to both the university and its applicants. Thanks.

Where is the misinformation? All colleges can, and do, pool applicants.

It's disrespectful to both the university and its applicants to say that some colleges do not pool International applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26

Just revisiting this thread... which college was it that "doesn't usually pool international candidates"?

You indicated it was "tiny"...

If it was Peterhouse, in 2016 they pooled 24% of their Overseas applicants.
If it was Corpus, in 2015 they pooled 25% of Overseas.

Compared with an average of approx 20% across all colleges.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending