The Student Room Group

Why do young woman often go for the "bad" guys?

This is a trend that I have been noticing over the past few years.

I have a very attractive acquaintance who would be the type of woman who would do this (around 19). She would be capable of getting a drop dead gorgeous man (she is a model).

Instead she choose a guy who doesn't particularly have anything going for him. He smokes weed all day and pretty much doesn't put much if any effort into his school work. This guy is 17 and she is 19, he is slightly attractive but not on her level. He failed all of his high school exams and has to repeat the year while she heads off to university.

She has been upset about him doing this and says she "loves him and wants to fix him". I guess she enjoyd being in a relationship with him and probably gets alot out of it. This guy just seems way too immature and laid back to be on her level.

There are plenty of stories like this around the UK and worldwide. What is it that causes these young women to be desperate to go into relationships with "broken" men who going nowhere and who may bring them down? Why not go for a nice guy who maybe has a bit of money and who is educated?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Firstly I'd like to state that the above view ^ is not factually licensed information and therefor should not be held in high regard.

Secondly it's important to remember that good and bad are subjective statements and could appear differently to different types of pedestrian.

Now to add my potion to the cauldron - Just be yourself and birds will follow.

Goose
Tyga and Kylie Jenner
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Tyga and Kylie Jenner

Perfect for each other, both talentless garbage
Original post by Zargabaath
Perfect for each other, both talentless garbage

She's his sugaaaa momma $$$$$
Reply 5
Original post by UniGoose
Firstly I'd like to state that the above view ^ is not factually licensed information and therefor should not be held in high regard.Secondly it's important to remember that good and bad are subjective statements and could appear differently to different types of pedestrian.Now to add my potion to the cauldron - Just be yourself and birds will follow.Goose

What is your purpose exactly? This post is entirely unncessary. This is probably most useless post I have seen in a while.

OP, women go for badboys because they still have chimpanzee brains based on sexual dynamics from hundreds of thousands of years ago, yet world we live in today is much different. Most powerful men in today's world are not the bad boys or the physically strongest men - more often than not these guys end up as bums working dead end jobs and living paycheck to paycheck.

The best thing you can do is take the red pill (google " the red pill" and "ladder theory" ), and learn not to take anything women say or do seriously and just use them for your own gain (just like they do to men)
(edited 7 years ago)
Girls that choose bad boys are bad people themselves despite the facade. Don't get it confused.
Bad guys are a turn off
Reply 8
Original post by MiloY
What is your purpose exactly? This post is entirely unncessary. This is probably most useless post I have seen in a while.

OP, women go for badboys because they still have chimpanzee brains based on sexual dynamics from hundreds of thousands of years ago, yet world we live in today is much different. Most powerful men in today's world are not the bad boys or the physically strongest men - more often than not these guys end up as bums working dead end jobs and living paycheck to paycheck.

The best thing you can do is take the red pill (google " the red pill" and "ladder theory" ), and learn not to take anything women say or do seriously and just use them for your own gain (just like they do to men)

lol @ red pill
Original post by saraxh
Bad guys are a turn off

I seriously cringe at the guys that don't look great and try to be 'bad' on purpose to attract girls. I mean, I get trying to get laid but putting on an entire persona to do it is a bit saddo. It's just a bit try hard, and try hard ain't really hot. The male equivalent of blown up lips and push up bras.
Original post by saraxh
Bad guys are a turn off

Misread lol
Might be a saviour complex. Especially if she said she wants to "fix him". If that's the main/only reason why she's into him, then it's unhealthy. Simply put, she may not be able to fix him and suffer for it/he may feel pressured to improve and flip out. Either way, it's just not a good relationship dynamic to have. You should have a serious talk with her if you're concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because women are emotionally stupid:

Give them what they want and they walk all over you

Give them nothing and they let you walk all over them

trust me, I've experimented this. The relationships where I get the most out of it in terms of affection, attention, favours and gifts are the ones where I do hardly a thing for a girl, don't even make an effort to stay in contact
Because oftentimes they are attractive due to confidence and humour and some other personality trait. They just say what they think and they don't care about what people think about them and they just do what they want and those traits are sexy as hell in a guy.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Because women are emotionally stupid:

Give them what they want and they walk all over you

Give them nothing and they let you walk all over them

trust me, I've experimented this. The relationships where I get the most out of it in terms of affection, attention, favours and gifts are the ones where I do hardly a thing for a girl, don't even make an effort to stay in contact

You sound like a great guy :rolleyes:

Most decent girls don't want bums or "bad boys"; it's usually naive girls or girls that are just looking for some "fun". It is a silly stereotype.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
lol @ red pill

What is a red pill? Sounds like some sort of drug :rofl:
Original post by MiloY

MiloY have you heard of the phrase "The Clock strikes 4, the Clock strikes 10"?

In other words it doesn't matter how something is presented. You can still look at it in two different ways.

Most people would have seen 4, but you saw 10. There is no right or wrong, it's just important to remember the hand might be facing one number to most people but on the opposite end you can see their is an entirely plausible variant.

Goose
Reply 17
Original post by saraxh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1_IbFFbzA
The movement that gets its name from this suggests a different kind of facade: not something as gargantuan as the matrix, rather they scoff at the notion that woman are anything more than biologically-driven empathy-devoid resource suckers, who use men entirely for their own gains and want nothing more than to be f**ked by "alpha" males and to leech off successful "beta" males. In other words, they can't get laid, or one woman mistreated them and their critical thinking capacities have somehow been damaged or removed so they spuriously collectivise, in an ironic parallel with certain feminists.
Original post by saraxh

It's a concentrated extract of lime, lemon and general bitterness that some men consume in order to justify their hatred of all womankind, oftentimes after a woman hurts them in some way.

Spoiler

Okay, so everyone woman is carbon-copy of your friend. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending