The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Turing
1 in 130 really? For a summer internship? I always thought it was ~2% acceptance rate (excluding Goldman)

I've seen that round of number a few places, including the bank I interned at over summer
Original post by torres657
naturally yes, it is much more competitive since number of spots are more limited compared to other front office roles and most of applicants have already some related internship experience in RE/PE/IBD, but if you have related experience you should try, I know one alumni of my school who worked there, before he had already two internships one in Real Estate and another in sth Corp.Finance related

Thanks for the hint man! I do have some experience, yeah. Gonna give it a go!
(edited 7 years ago)
can anyone name a few firms that accept final years for a summer analyst scheme?
Original post by Proflash
can anyone name a few firms that accept final years for a summer analyst scheme?

mate check early pages in this thread, it is already discussed there
mate check early pages in this thread, it is already discussed there

mate been asked 683926483 times ffs haha
Nomura screens first before test invite right?
Original post by networx
Nomura screens first before test invite right?

they didnt use to last year
Does anyone's CS status say "application under review", not just "application received"? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If your cover letter and application is good, will Citi excuse a bad numerical test score?

I'm looking for any hope!
Original post by A12R34
If your cover letter and application is good, will Citi excuse a bad numerical test score?

As long as you passed then you are good to go :P. But you will be disadvantaged as there will be people with equally good applications but also with better test scores... So...
Original post by A12R34

My understanding of tests is that it's a pass and fail ting reducing applicants, like I don't think you get advantage unless you get like 100% and if you fail it I don't believe they will take app forward! So a binary ting (my understanding).. S
Original post by TheParham
My understanding of tests is that it's a pass and fail ting reducing applicants, like I don't think you get advantage unless you get like 100% and if you fail it I don't believe they will take app forward! So a binary ting (my understanding).. S

'binary' - :heart: you S&T kids ovoxo.
Dropping in to follow the thread and help out when I can.

There's a lot of very bad advice given on these threads (Interspersed with some very good advice from a couple of long-term forum users). I don't claim to be much better but will try and help out where I can.

My first piece of advice would be to take everything people say here with a pinch of salt, as most people probably know little more than you do. This goes for me too - 100%. If you want to apply then don't be put off by the odds people pluck from their heads or from what impact people imagine Brexit will have on numbers.
Original post by alexjones1994
'binary' - :heart: you S&T kids ovoxo.

Thought I throw in some technical terms to look more than just a guy who wants to get hammered every Thursday with the buy side haha :wink:
Thought I throw in some technical terms to look more than just a guy who wants to get hammered every Thursday with the buy side haha :wink:

I don't think tests are binary for all firms. Definitely for CS and Laz but I don't think so for MS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does DB reject immediately if you fail the numerical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
I don't think tests are binary for all firms. Definitely for CS and Laz but I don't think so for MS

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see where you are coming from but let's say pass mark for MS is 14/18.. What the **** is the difference between 16/18 and 14/18 in terms of what you can bring to their bank
I see where you are coming from but let's say pass mark for MS is 14/18.. What the **** is the difference between 16/18 and 14/18 in terms of what you can bring to their bank

11% extra.
thoughts on withdrawing already submitted JPM application and applying for another opening?
thoughts on withdrawing already submitted JPM application and applying for another opening?

Are you sure you can? I think you can apply once, right? Even if you withdraw...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending