The Student Room Group

Hillary does seem to be genuinely sick... What will happen?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
The real story here is not that she's ill, but that she previously gave the impression everything was fine when clearly she's been developing something.

Candidates for very big jobs need to be terribly careful to be honest at the right moments and not the wrong ones.

But what would you do in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime presidential campaign: release a statement revealing the truth of your private illnesses which would undoubtedly damage your support and perhaps prematurely bring to an end any realistic chance of winning or keep it secret and hope your extensive medical care will keep things in check until you recover? I can't say I'd be quick to tell everyone about my personal ill-health after a long campaign - indeed a lifetime - to get this far.
Original post by macromicro
But what would you do in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime presidential campaign: release a statement revealing the truth of your private illnesses which would undoubtedly damage your support and perhaps prematurely bring to an end any realistic chance of winning or keep it secret and hope your extensive medical care will keep things in check until you recover? I can't say I'd be quick to tell everyone about my personal ill-health after a long campaign - indeed a lifetime - to get this far.

Shades of West Wing and Josiah Bartlett's hidden illness.

It may be that all this comes from her and she overruled concerned staffers and said "no I'm fine" and so on - if so, it's down to the pressures she's feeling and how she deals with them.

There's definitely a sexist tone to all of this - if it was a man, they'd be more likely to say "oh, I'm sure he'll be fine, let's not worry too much", whereas because she's a she, it's all about her unfitness to be President, which we will no doubt start hearing from Trump in due course, once his handlers let him back onto the keyboard.

There's definitely a sexist tone to all of this - if it was a man, they'd be more likely to say "oh, I'm sure he'll be fine, let's not worry too much", whereas because she's a she, it's all about her unfitness to be President

It's now sexist to objectively analyse someone's health when they lose control of their legs yet again and are quite literally dragged into an SUV with limp limbs - all after a number of other incidents where she loses her balance, falls down stairs, has seizure-like reactions, has memory lapses, etc.

If Trump was seen propped up by handlers with the inability not just to walk but to actually remain in the vertical, and was then dragged with his legs scraping along the floor into a car then we would all be saying the exact same thing. This has nothing to do with sex, and many commentators and interested viewers (including myself) are anti-Trump.

And you didn't answer the question.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's now sexist to objectively analyse someone's health when they lose control of their legs yet again and are quite literally dragged into an SUV with limp limbs - all after a number of other incidents where she loses her balance, falls down stairs, has seizure-like reactions, has memory lapses, etc.

Racist, Sexist, Misogynist, Islamophobic, Homophobic, Ageist, Ableist .. Did I miss anything ?
We would never have known about this but for the fact that as a former New York senator she had to attend the 9/11 commemorations.

On 15th November 1971 the Queen attended the Royal Variety Performance. On 23rd November the Prime Minister wrote her a get well letter. On 1st January 2002, the fact the Queen had been ill was revealed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1380051/Queens-spot-of-bother.html

If Trump was seen propped up by handlers with the inability not just to walk but to actually remain in the vertical, and was then dragged with his legs scraping along the floor into a car then we would all be saying the exact same thing. This has nothing to do with sex, and many commentators and interested viewers (including myself) are anti-Trump.

And you didn't answer the question.

Trump's illnesses appear to be mainly of a mental character, so yeah, he wouldn't obviously fall over or anything like that.

The fact that you harp on about the details of her fainting in that hostile way suggests to me that you have an agenda, so it probably isn't worth discussing objectively what her situation is all that much with you, but she's said she's ill right now, so let's see what happens next. I don't think all the mud will stick all that hard.
Trump's illnesses appear to be mainly of a mental character, so yeah, he wouldn't obviously fall over or anything like that.

The fact that you harp on about the details of her fainting in that hostile way suggests to me that you have an agenda, so it probably isn't worth discussing objectively what her situation is all that much with you, but she's said she's ill right now, so let's see what happens next. I don't think all the mud will stick all that hard.

Or he's pointing out that there have been numerous incidents which show Hillary's health isn't 100% okay and maybe she's not up to the stressful and demanding job of being president when campaigning alone has done this to her

I agree, and don't forget about his hair condition, but this is irrelevant. I said that if he did collapse like this as well as the other incidents (regardless of the probability of this occurring), I - and everyone else - would be saying the exact same thing.

You're accusing me of having an agenda and being unable to discuss objectively while you yourself draw unfounded feminist parallels and refuse to respond to my arguments. I wasn't hostile, I just described literally and objectively what happened in the video, which everyone can watch for themselves and compare with my description.
Original post by Crijjkal
Can't wait
freak
Original post by Little Popcorns
freak

It will be like Brexit but 10x better
so what do mummy and daddy do for a living?

Quick Reply