The Student Room Group

Corbyn insults 9/11 victims

He just couldn't bring himself to memorialise their death without shoehorning in some anti-Western crap

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn_uk_57d5b55ae4b0d45ff8722418

It's because of nonsense like this that he'll never be Prime Minister. He's simply incapable of behaving like a normal person.

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry, he's not someone whom you should take seriously.

- Labour are polling at their worst against the Conservatives since polling began.
- The Conservatives managed to win a majority with 36%, now they're polling at 41%.
- Jeremy Corbyn's approval ratings by the overall electorate is -40%, whereas May is on +31%.

I'm looking forward to a Conservative landslide in 2020.
Reply 2
So you're complaining about a politician tweeting something that was very slightly political?

I can't say I like Corbyn or Labour, but the hate campaign against the man is getting ridiculous.
Reply 3
Ugh. This is disgusting, it's a day to remember the tragedies caused by terrorists and remember their lives. Does he really think it's appropriate to link the death of the victims to the failures of Bush? Is that what he wants their legacy to be? Great way to pay respect. I hate him
(edited 7 years ago)
Criticising the War on Terror is 'nonsense' and 'crap'? Let's get one thing straight: 9/11 was a bad thing, an attack on innocent people.But it's not even in the same league of evil as the War on Terror, the worst calamity of the 21st Century so far. And I'm not trying to defend terrorists: I am against terrorism in all its forms. Sometimes when you try to fight fire with fire, all you get is more fire. And the War on Terror wasn't so much fighting fire with fire, as finding out that your chip pan is on fire, then going to your neighbour's house, shooting them in the head, stealing their jewelry and credit card, then uprooting the mains gas pipe and blowing your whole street to kingdom come to cover the evidence of your crime.
The fact that Corbyn is a leading politician is an insult in itself!!
I have no idea why this Corbyn chap is so unpopular! Oh wait
Original post by AlexanderHam
He just couldn't bring himself to memorialise their death without shoehorning in some anti-Western crap

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn_uk_57d5b55ae4b0d45ff8722418

It's because of nonsense like this that he'll never be Prime Minister. He's simply incapable of behaving like a normal person.
whataboutery has become - unfortunately - so common that it does constitute some sort of normality

of course, one would expect something slightly better from a candidate PM
He is 100% right. Of course 9/11 should be commemorated, but the millions slaughtered in response should equally be remembered.
Reply 9
Thank god we'll never have a labour government again.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
He is 100% right. Of course 9/11 should be commemorated, but the millions slaughtered in response should equally be remembered.

It's not even close to "millions".

And yes, they should be remembered. On any other day than 9/11
Original post by zayn008
Ugh. This is disgusting, it's a day to remember the tragedies caused by terrorists and remember their lives. Does he really think it's appropriate to link the death of the victims to the failures of Bush? Is that what he wants their legacy to be? Great way to pay respect. I hate him, I truly hope he dies .

What a disgusting thing to say
Original post by Dez
So you're complaining about a politician tweeting something that was very slightly political?

I can't say I like Corbyn or Labour, but the hate campaign against the man is getting ridiculous.

It's a "hate campaign" to bring up and criticise things he's actually said and done?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
What a disgusting thing to say

No, it's not. It's a perfectly valid thing to say. Corbyn is the direct cause of why many disabled people will have to struggle on with the cuts through many more years of Tory government. It's because of him that Labour won't get into government any time soon, and thus they will not get any relief.

So I'm not going to say I hope he dies, but I will say the country would be better off if, I don't know, Nelson's Column fell on top of him or he got hit by the bus.
Corbyn does not belong here.
Reply 15
It's a "hate campaign" to bring up and criticise things he's actually said and done?

Claiming that because he was thinking about the thousands of people killed as a result of pointless and barely legal wars means that he can never be Prime Minister? Saying that because he didn't spend 100% of his day sobbing about a paltry 2,000 victims (who, incidentally, were not killed as a direct result of British government action) that he's "insulting 9/11 victims"? It's all hyperbole. The tweet was almost totally benign, yet you're jumping all over it in order to personally attack him. It's pathetic.
Oh for crying out loud, can't this ****in idiot contain himself for one day at least. Needless whataboutery.

No, it's not. It's a perfectly valid thing to say. Corbyn is the direct cause of why many disabled people will have to struggle on with the cuts through many more years of Tory government. It's because of him that Labour won't get into government any time soon, and thus they will not get any relief.

So I'm not going to say I hope he dies, but I will say the country would be better off if, I don't know, Nelson's Column fell on top of him or he got hit by the bus.

This.
(edited 7 years ago)
His ratings might actually go up if someone makes him wear a gag.

He should know better. Yes in the UK and much of the world people have moved on from 9/11, but Americans are deeply patriotic and they won't forget any time soon.

He didn't need to say it, he could have chopped off the last part of that message and no-one would be mentioning him at all for lacking tact. He's just dumb a dumb, stubborn and childish angry man really.
Original post by Dez
Claiming that because he was thinking about the thousands of people killed as a result of pointless and barely legal wars means that he can never be Prime Minister? Saying that because he didn't spend 100% of his day sobbing about a paltry 2,000 victims (who, incidentally, were not killed as a direct result of British government action) that he's "insulting 9/11 victims"? It's all hyperbole. The tweet was almost totally benign, yet you're jumping all over it in order to personally attack him. It's pathetic.

We are attacking him because he is disgustingly shoehorning his far left politics on a day that is supposed to be about the victims, not about him and his extremism. And Corbyn has form for this, he always obnoxiously shoehorns his politics into these things with a churlish little bit of whataboutery.

So when he was asked (reasonably, given his history supporting them) to condemn the IRA, he merely said "I condemn all forms of violence, including violence by the British military". When asked to condemn anti-semitism, he says "I condemn all forms of racism". It's a pathetic, immature little move that's like "I'm not going to be told what to say by anyone". It also shows how completely inflexible and dogmatic he is, and ultimately how little he cares about things like anti-semitism and people whose family members have been killed by terrorists.

It's also very revealing how dismissive you are of their deaths. By the way, it was close to 3,000 not 2,000. But let's not allow your aching ignorance of the history of the last 15 years to get in the way, shall we? By the way, there's absolutely nohting wrong with caring more about people who are closer to you, whether family, friends or countrymen. British Muslims do that all the time; they care more about what happens in Palestine than in Peterborough. And unless you cry just as much about a random dead person as you would for your own parents, then you're hypocrite for asserting that somehow those 2,997 killed and 6,000 seriously injured should mean no more to us than anyone else in the world.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not the worst thing he's ever said, but there is an element of naivety about this tweet.

Original post by Dez

You're not a Tory, are you? :afraid: The campaign against him is no more ridiculous (and far less vitriolic) than Momentum's campaign against so-called 'Blairite' (read: centre-left) Labour supporters.

Quick Reply

Latest