The Student Room Group

Quit my apprenticeship

I have been doing my apprenticeship for almost 5 months now and hate it. I have a 2 hour each way commute which is costly and tiresome. This leaves me constantly tired and in a bad mood i feel it is effecting my social life.

In addition, i am learking design but doing a level 3 business admin qualification which is irrelevent to what i want to do. I have learnt some software but it does not match with the design area i wish to enter.

The people leave me feeling a bit outcast, when the office gets busy everyone gets stressed and i become a burden. The person teaching me can sometimes be difficult and there is no social side to the office. I cancelled my gap year for this job and really regret it. Should i leave and try to optain more relevant graphics qualifications?
What would you do if you left?

Do you have something to start instead?
Reply 2
Original post by Donkey******
What would you do if you left?

Do you have something to start instead?

I have a job for a month over christmas that pays over double and then a job in america i could take from April. I could pick up work to keep me going i still have the jobs i had before just take less shifts.
Original post by EllaFS97
I have a job for a month over christmas that pays over double and then a job in america i could take from April. I could pick up work to keep me going i still have the jobs i had before just take less shifts.

How would those jobs help you to move forward?

Would you be happy just doing those jobs for the next few years?

Would you look to do any qualifications on your own?
Reply 4
Original post by Donkey******
How would those jobs help you to move forward?

Would you be happy just doing those jobs for the next few years?

Would you look to do any qualifications on your own?

They would fill the time until i went to America, that is something I've always wanted to do. I also wpuld quite like to work cabin crew and I wpukd need more customer service experience to get a job like this. So i could find a job in this
Original post by EllaFS97
They would fill the time until i went to America, that is something I've always wanted to do. I also wpuld quite like to work cabin crew and I wpukd need more customer service experience to get a job like this. So i could find a job in this

So you know where you want to go, so why continue your apprenticeship, doesn't seem to add any value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending