The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/775226354883264512

Arsene should have gone imo, he deserves better. With a budget akin to his rivals I think he would prove himself and prove that this club's fans/board are the joke, not him.
Original post by James.Carnell

Arsene should have gone imo, he deserves better. With a budget akin to his rivals I think he would prove himself and prove that this club's fans/board are the joke, not him.

If you want to prove yourself, there's no point managing PSG.

The French league is a joke.
Original post by Lúcio
If you want to prove yourself, there's no point managing PSG.

The French league is a joke.

Wenger has already proven himself as a league manager. I would have wanted to see him with an unlimited budget against English teams in Europe.

I am on Arsene's side regarding the Arsene vs Fans debacle, if the fans are idiotic to hate the guy enough then they can force him out and bring in Eddie Howe. The guy is Arsenal through and through and built the club up to not be left behind, contrary to what people think we would be even further behind without the guy.

Personally I want him to leave at the end of the season to take another job to prove himself again, people have this idea that he is a sub standard manager because he is playing under a different set of metrics to his rivals. Put him in PSG, give him an unlimited budget, and we'll see.

The guy has an awesome record vs Pep for example, with a relative small budget. Arsenal fans saying he should leave even if he wins the league are a ****ing joke, get real.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wenger has already proven himself as a league manager. I would have wanted to see him with an unlimited budget against English teams in Europe.

I am on Arsene's side regarding the Arsene vs Fans debacle, if the fans are idiotic to hate the guy enough then they can force him out and bring in Eddie Howe. The guy is Arsenal through and through and built the club up to not be left behind, contrary to what people think we would be even further behind without the guy.

Personally I want him to leave at the end of the season to take another job to prove himself again, people have this idea that he is a sub standard manager because he is playing under a different set of metrics to his rivals. Put him in PSG, give him an unlimited budget, and we'll see.

The guy has an awesome record vs Pep for example, with a relative small budget. Arsenal fans saying he should leave even if he wins the league are a ****ing joke, get real.

"Awesome"? He only beat Pep twice (out of 8), and Pep will extend his record based on what we've seen so far.
Original post by shawn_o1
"Awesome"? He only beat Pep twice (out of 8), and Pep will extend his record based on what we've seen so far.

And who else has beaten Pep in one quarter of their games? Fans that say we are definitely doomed are morons. Would love to see someone like Howe or Moyes at the helm just to bring the fans back to reality.
And LOL at the thought of Simeone wanting to come here.
When 14 out of the last 25 posts are by James

And who else has beaten Pep in one quarter of their games? Fans that say we are definitely doomed are morons. Would love to see someone like Howe or Moyes at the helm just to bring the fans back to reality.

Since when is a 25% success rate "awesome"?

Confirmed troll
Original post by Lúcio
Since when is a 25% success rate "awesome"?

Confirmed troll

Mourinho has won 3 in 19 against Pep. 15%. Mourinho is often lauded as a managerial great.
Would Wenger be seen / regarded as such a legend if you hadn't done the invincibles season? Honestly, if you had lost one or two gaems that season he would have been gone around 2009-2011 imo. But because he did that he's kind of unsackable.
Reply 230
Mourinho has won 3 in 19 against Pep. 15%. Mourinho is often lauded as a managerial great.

Thoughts on Wenger's 0% vs Mourinho?
Original post by difeo
Thoughts on Wenger's 0% vs Mourinho?

Everyone has their own demons.

As put advice, "everyone has their own demons".

You can use a single example to claim Mourinho isn't a managerial great.
He has proven in several different countries that he has the ability to manage a top team and win a league.

Wenger may have been decent once upon a time, or maybe he fluked the Invincibles? Either way, the fact is that he isn't good anymore and the only hope Arsenal have of progression is to ditch him and get somebody else.
Original post by Lúcio
As put advice, "everyone has their own demons".

You can use a single example to claim Mourinho isn't a managerial great.
He has proven in several different countries that he has the ability to manage a top team and win a league.

Wenger may have been decent once upon a time, or maybe he fluked the Invincibles? Either way, the fact is that he isn't good anymore and the only hope Arsenal have of progression is to ditch him and get somebody else.

They drew 12 games the season they went unbeaten, and didn't win another trophy, and lost 5 games that season.

Statistically the Chelsea 2004/05 side were far superior.

no, we are real. he's pretty spent as a manager, and plays the same *****y tactics every week.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Would Wenger be seen / regarded as such a legend if you hadn't done the invincibles season? Honestly, if you had lost one or two gaems that season he would have been gone around 2009-2011 imo. But because he did that he's kind of unsackable.

yes, he would. As an Arsenal legend, certainly. Do you think most Arsenal fans only like him due to the invincibles?

Which is why he sent the team out so many times last season, with a first XI stronger than Leicester, and the team bottled it so much?
Original post by kimkarsd
Which is why he sent the team out so many times last season, with a first XI stronger than Leicester, and the team bottled it so much?

Lol the runaway champions had a stronger XI? LOL.
Lol the runaway champions had a stronger XI? LOL.

No arsenal did. But then your points about Wenger make no sense, since he's brought many issues on himself. continue your homo-based Wenger apologism.

Quick Reply

Latest