The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Fake Group Chats

I've joined a few different group chats on Facebook, mainly for my accomodation. I don't know whether it's just me but everybody just seems so fake on it.

I mean, I get that people are trying to fit in, but it seems like all people talk about are in the realms of getting drunk, going clubbing, attending the "sesh" and random sexual stories. It's also pretty funny when someone brings up drugs and everyone is trying to out drug each other by being all edgy with all of the crazy varieties of recreational drugs they've taken. They've barely met each other and some groups have already started telling each other how much they love each other and can't wait to meet up, with plenty of x's, emojis and group calls every night. It seems a bit much to think about group tshirts and hoddies with a group slogan and suggesting holidays to ****ing Scotland before even meeting each other.

Maybe I'm just being a pompous asocial ****, maybe I'm the weird one here. I understand the appeal of drinking and everything else at uni but I'm just worried I'll be out of place with a bunch of people taken straight from TOWIE who go out every night.

Rant over.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Cool story bro
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Those people sound like living proof that you don't need to be smart to go to university.
Reply 3
welcome to the majority of the young adult population of great britain
Welcome to the world of the university. Where those people do actually exist.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt though, no one's dropped 1000 tabs in a night and not felt anything.
Reply 5
Original post by Inexorably
welcome to the majority of the young adult population of great britain

Is this consistant across all universities, good and bad? University of Liverpool is a Russel Group but it's also not exactly one of the best ones either.
Original post by anonygoose
Is this consistant across all universities, good and bad? University of Liverpool is a Russel Group but it's also not exactly one of the best ones either.

Pretty much, you get freedom from your parents for the first time, and you can finally drink legally, what's the first thing you do?
Reply 7
Original post by Donkey******
Welcome to the world of the university. Where those people do actually exist.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt though, no one's dropped 1000 tabs in a night and not felt anything.

Tabs??! Do people actually do LSD (or more likely NBome if it's from a *****y dealer) on a night out?

That's just insane. Surely that's something you do alone or with a group of close friends for a retrospective "spiritual" experience.
Reply 8

It's rife amongst the majority of youths at nearly all universities, I imagine the only 2 that might be on the lighter side are unsurprisingly oxford and cambridge.
Tabs??! Do people actually do LSD (or more likely NBome if it's from a *****y dealer) on a night out?

That's just insane. Surely that's something you do alone or with a group of close friends for a retrospective "spiritual" experience.

Tabs can mean pretty much anything you swallow. I was more referring to ecstasy than LSD, but in general most rec. drugs will be as common at university as anywhere else.
Reply 10
Original post by Donkey******
Pretty much, you get freedom from your parents for the first time, and you can finally drink legally, what's the first thing you do?

Get drunk. And then take a piss without putting the toilet seat down.
Get drunk. And then take a piss without putting the toilet seat down.

Exactly, that's what everyone at uni is doing, stupid things to make up for the oppression they suffered at the hands of their parents, oh damn I can't afford to eat.
They're just living, breathing LAD Bibles. And ****s.
People will act fake everywhere.
You'll find out the most outspoken ones on the group chat are the quietest and nerdiest ones in real life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending