The Student Room Group

World War 3 On The Horizon. What do you think?

There has been a bunch of articles circulating around the idea of World War 3. Mostly North Korea's recent nuclear test is what sparked all this controversy. So what are your thoughts, are we closing in on a third World War?
(edited 7 years ago)
No. Why would it be WW3 who else would be involved in the world?
idk, but I'd better just go and get over and done with eating fish fingers and custard, since I may never get such an opportunity again.

Spoiler

There is not going to be a WW3 anytime soon and anyone who thinks there is are an idiot who doesn't have a clue about politics and current affairs.

If North Korea decided to go for a nuclear attack then literally no one, not even China and Russia would be on their side. They would be pulverised it would be the World Vs North Korea, it would last a few months at the longest and the fighting would be confined to Korea not what anyone would call a World War.
If there was going to be one soon, then a good portion of the younger generation won't be recruited for it. Too busy getting offended and starting battles over harmless, context-safe words.

My comment's more jovial and not directed towards the country you mentioned.

Serious answer: I agree with Shab, more or less.
I personally doubt it. I dont think we will ever see a clear cycle of - massive war, calm peace, war, peace etc.*

Instead personally it just feels to me like we will have an indefinite time of uncertainty, worry and instability, rather the all out war. *
sadly i believe that bad things are going to happen soon.

nature will ensure that life will go on even if our species is no longer around to **** things up.
(edited 7 years ago)
We're miles off.
Yes. It is inevitable. It's gonna go down some time or another. Just wether we will be alive to witness it or not is another question.
Original post by Mathemagicien
wtf did u just gEneralise youn gpeoplE?!!1

Haha, it's funny you should say that as I did try and leave out triggering determiners: all, many, some etc... A 'good portion' was the safest bet, as I felt it more subjective and likely. Don't worry though; I am a young person and I didn't get offended lol. Plus I added the de-triggering line about my comment being more jovial. See, gotta explain every little thing you mean because there are savages out there who'd rip your words out, chew 'em, and spit them out completely differently. Anyway...this isn't what this thread's about so sorry OP for digressing! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending