The Student Room Group

Please stop calling whomever you disagree with a "fascist"

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The thing is, the people that cry "fascist" and "nazi" cannot be reasoned with.

Spoiler

I call people fascists if and only if they take fascist positions.

Spoiler

Shut up you fascist.
Original post by ValerieKR

Spoiler

Are you for real? No-one wants to ban the Church of England?
Reply 5
They say it to associate people with the with Nazi's because who doesn't like a bit of Nazi bashing and of course the Nazi's are the greatest evil in humanity or so we're to believe..

But WW2 was not as simple as good vs evil and while we like to think the good guys won if you look at the actions of the good guys during WW2 and ever since, it makes you wonder doesn't it? Lets face it the Germans were put on trial and guilty before it even began. It was pretty much a show trial. Some of these people who sided with fascists (like Ukrainians who we see have many neo-nazi's today) did so because before fascists came about, they suffered far, far worse by the Soviets.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Mathemagicien
Also, is it correct to use "whomever" or "whoever" in the title? I bet TSR will make that the main topic of debate. :colonhash:

I've always been a fan of "whosoever". Though as I type it it pops up with "whomsoever" as another option.

However you could have saved yourself the aggro and simply said "people".
Butt hurt people

Spoiler

Not sure if troll, but that's not fascist.
Also, is it correct to use "whomever" or "whoever" in the title? I bet TSR will make that the main topic of debate. :colonhash:

Grammatically, whomever was the wrong choice. :colonhash:

Spoiler

And, likewise, don't call people SJWs unless they're clearly expressing that sort of behavior.
I look up the definition of "whomsoever": Used instead of “whosoever” as the object of a verb or preposition.

I look up the definition of "whosoever": Formal term for whoever.

:mad:

Gotta love the English language.
Its got to the point where people call SJWs or Communists "fascists" and "nazis", when I think we can all agree - if we calm down and give it a little thought - that Nazism and modern liberalism are two extremely different, and opposed, ideologies.

Fascism is not interchangeable with totalitarianism, nor even specifically right-wing authoritarianism. Not everyone with an extreme opinion is "literally Hitler"; neither is everyone who wants to curtail personal freedoms.

What is Fascism? (Click to expand)

Likewise Mathemagicien, stop calling anyone who you disagree with a "loony leftie" or "liberal".
I have never called anyone a "loony leftie" - which would be rather silly, since I identify as left-wing.

liberal then, I saw your hissy fit about being called a liberal by that political identity quiz
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Not sure if troll, but that's not fascist.

Fascism - (in general use) extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practices.
(edited 7 years ago)
I was more amused than annoyed at that.

Btw, how do you manage to be consistently one of the first to reply to my threads? Do you look through my post history, or do you look at every page of every thread on TSR? If the former, I feel honoured that you value my posts so much.

when I'm bored I just hang in the news section, its probably your eagerness to raise issues about Islam or political correctness constantly which attracts it, less likely to be an attraction to you.
Fascism - (in general use) extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practices.

Wanting a ban on a certain religion (as a security measure, no less) is not fascist. It's not just or fair, but not fascist.

For example, Jewish communities have been forcibly removed from nearly every country they've ever resided in. Are you saying that every country which did this (over 100, btw), is fascist?
Reply 18

Spoiler

Banning religion is not necessarily Fascist. Communists did it too.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Wanting a ban on a certain religion (as a security measure, no less) is not fascist. It's not just or fair, but not fascist.

For example, Jewish communities have been forcibly removed from nearly every country they've ever resided in. Are you saying that every country which did this (over 100, btw), is fascist?

The Muslim ban is not a security measure and certainly not 'just' a security measure. You're more likely to be killed in the US by a toddler with a gun than by a terrorist, and we all know that the politician proposing this ban thinks freedom is more important when it comes to that argument. :/
Even if it were 'just' a security measure it's a crap one. Industrialised discrimination leads to an industrialised response.

Depends on why they were removed. In many cases yes, in all cases, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending