The Student Room Group

How does the whole Oxbridge deadline thing work?

Hi,

I understand that any Oxford applications must be completed through UCAS by October 15th. Does that mean that I have to have completed the rest of my UCAS application for the other universities that I'll be applying to, so I have applied to the other 4 choices by that Oxford deadline, or do I submit another application for the normal deadline?

As you can see, I'm a bit confused with how the rest of my university applications work around the Oxford deadline.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it
Original post by Glamdring5
Hi,

I understand that any Oxford applications must be completed through UCAS by October 15th. Does that mean that I have to have completed the rest of my UCAS application for the other universities that I'll be applying to, so I have applied to the other 4 choices by that Oxford deadline, or do I submit another application for the normal deadline?

As you can see, I'm a bit confused with how the rest of my university applications work around the Oxford deadline.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it

Your Ucas application has to be complete as it won't send unless all the sections are filled in, but you can put down just Oxford in the course choice box at first and leave the other course choices blank and add them later. If you only put in one application, it carries a reduced fee, but you can pay the extra to add more choices later.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Your Ucas application has to be complete as it won't send unless all the sections are filled in, but you can put down just Oxford in the course choice box at first and leave the other course choices blank and add them later. If you only put in one application, it carries a reduced fee, but you can pay the extra to add more choices later.

So I will need to have completed my personal statement etc. that will be used for applying to the other universities, but I don't have to definitely decide on those universities until the normal deadline?
Original post by Glamdring5
So I will need to have completed my personal statement etc. that will be used for applying to the other universities, but I don't have to definitely decide on those universities until the normal deadline?

Yes.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

Is there an illustrated guide somewhere showing how to add choices after you've already sent off your application? Or a step by step thingy?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Is there an illustrated guide somewhere showing how to add choices after you've already sent off your application? Or a step by step thingy?

There may be, but I don't know of one. It is extremely simple, though, from what I recall when my son did it.
Original post by Abstract_Prism

UCAS told me that you add other choices on Track.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending