The Student Room Group

Can anyone help me with my A level choices?

Has anyone got any advice on what A levels to take? I want to take Biology, PE and maybe Drama or RS? But I'm very unsure on drama and RS and need some insight of what they both include and if RS is a good one to take? I defiantly want to take Biology and PE but can not think of a third option?! Can anyone help??!! :smile:
Original post by AlicePlz11
Has anyone got any advice on what A levels to take? I want to take Biology, PE and maybe Drama or RS? But I'm very unsure on drama and RS and need some insight of what they both include and if RS is a good one to take? I defiantly want to take Biology and PE but can not think of a third option?! Can anyone help??!! :smile:

If you are unsure as to what the course content is, attend a college/sixth form open day and go ask!

When you have that information, consider which one you would enjoy most and ultimately which you would be best at.

Lots of people will advise you at this point to take what you enjoy/what you're good at, which is pretty sound advice. However what you also need to do is look at uni courses! You'd be surprised how many doors you close with AS Level choices, so it's good to at least attempt to get an idea.
I took Philosophy and Ethics, which I think is similar to RS. It's very enjoyable if you find the subject interesting, as it requires wider reading. Remember you can always take 4 A-Levels! :smile:
Reply 3
I took biology and pe too would defiantly recommend them. It really depends what you enjoy and what you want to do at uni. If you want to do something sciency at uni I would recommend chemistry or physics as well as most will require two sciences, chemsitry defiantly complements biology. If you're not sure maybe keep your options open so RS or drama would make you seem well rounded. To find out more about the course look up the specification eg type in OCR drama alevel specification and you'll find out everything you will do on that course. I also did psychology and I felt that went well with pe and biology if you wanted a more sciency essay based subject which fits with your other options😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you want to do at uni?

In our school, we do three modules: ethics, philosophy of religion, and Buddhism and I'm doing edexcel but the school gets to choose within the board what modules they want to teach
It's actually quite interesting and so far I'm enjoying it though will likely drop it after AS as I will only be allowed to carry three in to A2 and RS is the least important for me but I'm liking it
I'd say if you chose it you'd have quite a variety.
I don't know what dRAMA is like but it may go well with PE so maybe that?
Reply 6
Original post by Emma:-)
What do you want to do at uni?

I want to be a nurse:smile:
I want to be a nurse:smile:

Id look on unis websites to see if they specify any particular subjects.
Reply 8
Original post by Hollyht
I took biology and pe too would defiantly recommend them. It really depends what you enjoy and what you want to do at uni. If you want to do something sciency at uni I would recommend chemistry or physics as well as most will require two sciences, chemsitry defiantly complements biology. If you're not sure maybe keep your options open so RS or drama would make you seem well rounded. To find out more about the course look up the specification eg type in OCR drama alevel specification and you'll find out everything you will do on that course. I also did psychology and I felt that went well with pe and biology if you wanted a more sciency essay based subject which fits with your other options😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to be a nurse so i have to take biology and I'm sporty so pe fits nicely with that, have taken Pe for GCSE's as well. What does psychology include? What kind of topics do you cover and everything?

Quick Reply

Latest