The Student Room Group

Can i use CIE textbooks for my Edexcel math exam?

Hey there

I have a question here (not really a big deal) but my parents unknowingly bought me CIE study material and I had already registered to write my math exam with the edexcel exam board.

I am just concerned if there are any major differences with regards to the content between the two exam boards? the exam format is not an issue however can I use my CIE textbooks (P1,P2/3 & S1) to study for my edexcel math exams? (C12 & S1)

your response would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by KhanyaN
Hey there

I have a question here (not really a big deal) but my parents unknowingly bought me CIE study material and I had already registered to write my math exam with the edexcel exam board.

I am just concerned if there are any major differences with regards to the content between the two exam boards? the exam format is not an issue however can I use my CIE textbooks (P1,P2/3 & S1) to study for my edexcel math exams? (C12 & S1)

your response would be much appreciated.

The CIE textbooks will cover more than C12 and S1 content, so it will be up to you to use the specification to single out and study the relevant material from the book. Most, if not all, of the material is on there, but there's also more content that isn't relevant to you, so you'll need to avoid that.

I'd advise highling the table of contents with the topics you need to know by cross referencing the specification.

Also, if there's anything missing from the textbook, make use of examsolutions, it's fantastic for that sort of stuff.

It's not going to be an issue at all.
Reply 2
Original post by Zacken
The CIE textbooks will cover more than C12 and S1 content, so it will be up to you to use the specification to single out and study the relevant material from the book. Most, if not all, of the material is on there, but there's also more content that isn't relevant to you, so you'll need to avoid that.

I'd advise highling the table of contents with the topics you need to know by cross referencing the specification.

Also, if there's anything missing from the textbook, make use of examsolutions, it's fantastic for that sort of stuff.

It's not going to be an issue at all.

Thank you so much for replying and for your advice, i will definitely cross reference. I have already started using exam solutions and its everything!
Reply 3
Original post by KhanyaN
Thank you so much for replying and for your advice, i will definitely cross reference. I have already started using exam solutions and its everything!

No worries! Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest