The Student Room Group

Compare The Help and The Color Purple

For my A Level English Lit coursework I need to compare The Color Purple and The Help, responding to the theme 'African-American women in service', whether the service is to white people or other black people, such as husbands.
I can't find anything about it anywhere but I know there are other people doing it so help would be appreciated!
Original post by miastr
For my A Level English Lit coursework I need to compare The Color Purple and The Help, responding to the theme 'African-American women in service', whether the service is to white people or other black people, such as husbands.
I can't find anything about it anywhere but I know there are other people doing it so help would be appreciated!

Well the thing about coursework is that it's pretty wide range and all does depend on the exam board and teacher's choice usually.

Your coursework sounds very original and not something that is of a popular choice.

So, my question to you is; what actually do you need help with?
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Well the thing about coursework is that it's pretty wide range and all does depend on the exam board and teacher's choice usually.

Your coursework sounds very original and not something that is of a popular choice.

So, my question to you is; what actually do you need help with?

I just wondered if anybody had any notes on comparisons of the two texts, especially when it comes to the themes of racism or gender roles.
Original post by miastr
I just wondered if anybody had any notes on comparisons of the two texts, especially when it comes to the themes of racism or gender roles.

If you're struggling that much, I would suggest you find some notes on the separate texts online and them bridge them together.

Those two texts haven't popped up in TSR before or in a very long time I'm afraid.

Good luck though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending