The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by torres657
Anybody applying Macquarie? Is it bad idea to show preference for 2 divisions (IBD and AM) in their application? Thoughts?

Me bro. Its a not a bad idea bro, why would they put it up then in the first place
Anybody applying Macquarie? Is it bad idea to show preference for 2 divisions (IBD and AM) in their application? Thoughts?

i applied, just went for ibd as thought was easier to sell my motivation in just 1 rather than 2 divs given the word limit
Anybody have the HR email address for Barclays. They said I have five working days to take the test, it's been four but it says my time slot has expired.
Original post by volatilityskew2
Me bro. Its a not a bad idea bro, why would they put it up then in the first place

I was just thinking that maybe they will view it as if I am not really concentrated on sth
Do you guys think the MorganStanley economics research position is easier to get into than the AM one ( i don't have a preference) in pure terms of applicants to vacancies ratio?
anyone got an SEO London/careers video interview?
Original post by cleverboy12
Anybody have the HR email address for Barclays. They said I have five working days to take the test, it's been four but it says my time slot has expired.

A few of us in this thread have the same problem, I emailed them:

"Thank you for letting us know. We have received a few of the same issues from other candidates. We are currently looking into this so I will be in touch with you as soon as we have fixed the problem."
If Citi ask whether it is your "first job" - do they mean graduate job or do internships/placement years count as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i just put yes because it stops u filling out that same old crappy work experience form which is pointless because thats all on ur cv

Original post by Commercial Paper
If Citi ask whether it is your "first job" - do they mean graduate job or do internships/placement years count as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
i just put yes because it stops u filling out that same old crappy work experience form which is pointless because thats all on ur cv

yeah same, it still counts as work experience
yeah same, it still counts as work experience

Same lol. Asking me for my salary and all sorts of bs. **** that.

highlight of the article must be this"Last week, 14 year-old ex-Barclays associate Mitchell Bayer-Goldman was convicted of punching a bouncer in the eye after refusing to pay a £500 bar tab at a London club. Bayer Goldman joined Barclays’ IBD division in 2012 and was promoted to associate in February this year (which seems a long delay in light of the new two year analyst programmes at Goldman Sachs and elsewhere). Warwick graduate Bayer-Goldman is no longer on Barclays’ payroll, predictably."kids these days...
highlight of the article must be this"Last week, 14 year-old ex-Barclays associate Mitchell Bayer-Goldman was convicted of punching a bouncer in the eye after refusing to pay a £500 bar tab at a London club. Bayer Goldman joined Barclays’ IBD division in 2012 and was promoted to associate in February this year (which seems a long delay in light of the new two year analyst programmes at Goldman Sachs and elsewhere). Warwick graduate Bayer-Goldman is no longer on Barclays’ payroll, predictably."kids these days...

then don't punch a bouncer in video interview guys ))
Do Citi screen before sending the tests? How long does this normally take and how long do you have to complete the tests once they eventually come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexjones1994
As long as you passed then you are good to go :P. But you will be disadvantaged as there will be people with equally good applications but also with better test scores... So...

At most I've got 7/12 on the test which will surely be a fail though

I saw that bit and googled his name. His linkedin page is still there and apparently he is still working for Barclays. Might connect with him, all about the networking.
Do you reckon Mitchell Goldman would pass the Barclays insight tests? Is that the kind of fit they are looking for?
Original post by Commercial Paper
Do Citi screen before sending the tests? How long does this normally take and how long do you have to complete the tests once they eventually come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i) Yes
ii) It took 3 days for me
iii) 5 days
Reply 1979
Original post by alexjones1994
Don't have access to a computer? You should apply to Barclays as they love their emerging market sh*t during their application process. You will do well seeing as you evidently already live in one.

Ohohoh, what a bright remark - this has made me give up the discussion!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending