The Student Room Group

What age difference is acceptable?

hi everybody,

So I just wanted to make sure what age difference is acceptable. So Im 16 would it be ok to date with a 15 year old and etc?

Thanks,
Yes
It's an all you can eat buffet once you're past 18
Original post by Pinkberry_y
It's an all you can eat buffet once you're past 18

I don't know. An 18 year difference is not cool.
The answer is always half your age +7. So at 16, the youngest you can date is 15.

This doesn't really apply at higher ages, though. If you're 27 and want to date a 54 year old, go nuts. You're 27 - You can figure things out yourself.
Reply 5
My parents have a 5 year gap, so yes 1 year gap will be fine.
Original post by ZERØ
hi everybody,

So I just wanted to make sure what age difference is acceptable. So Im 16 would it be ok to date with a 15 year old and etc?

Thanks,

I think age difference depends on the age proportions. A 5 year age gap between a 13 and 18 year old (72%) is a lot worse than a 5 year age gap between a 35 and 40 year old (89%)-it'd be like a 40 year old dating a 29 year old
One year age difference seems like a lot when you're in school, since they might be in a lower year which is treated a lot differently than irl where you aren't divided like that as much in the workplace or in a bar, but yeah... 1 year is not bad at all, go for it!
If it's legal then it's fine imo. The only time it gets sketchy is during teenage years. As stated above, "big" age gap is nothing when you're older as opposed to when you're young. My mom and dad are six years apart and met when my mom was 18, but if they'd met when my dad was 18 my mom would have been 12 (yikes).

Generally speaking if you're both above the age of 18 then you do you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending