The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thegodofgod
Abx used orally QDS for C diff - vancomycin
Abx contraindicated in tennis player on prednisolone - ciprofloxacin
Abx that discolours urine to red/orange - rifampicin
Abx that produces sweating / flushing / nausea upon drinking alcohol - metronidazole
Abx that interacts with simvastatin - clarithromycin

I can't remember whether there was a 6th Abx question

Tennis Player???What was the one about epilepsy?Were none of the answers Gent??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by holistic_pharm
I got 3 rejections also :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I hope you invite for some interview?x

Still waiting to hear and praying!!! Did you get 3 rejections and an interview? X
Original post by Farmacee
Tennis Player???What was the one about epilepsyWas none of the answers Gent??

Epilepsy qs was cipro (drops siezure threshold?)
Tennis Player???What was the one about epilepsyWas none of the answers Gent??

Afternoon people (1-3 and 3-5) had a different paper to the morning people (9-11 and 11-1) - I was in the morning.
Afternoon people (1-3 and 3-5) had a different paper to the morning people (9-11 and 11-1) - I was in the morning.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. Hahahha
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. Hahahha

No probs, so how did you find it?
No probs, so how did you find it?

*Insert smiling pile of poo emoji*
(((((: How about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
*Insert smiling pile of poo emoji*
:smile:))) How about you?

Really? What went wrong? I thought it was fair and the calculations were straightforward on the whole. Didn't expect so many questions on the GPhC / NHS values / pre-registration training!
Really? What went wrong? I thought it was fair and the calculations were straightforward on the whole. Didn't expect so many questions on the GPhC / NHS values / pre-registration training!

I'm having a brain fart... what were the q's on NHS values and GPhC???Idk I feel like I might've messed up prioritisation
I'm having a brain fart... what were the q's on NHS values and GPhC???Idk I feel like I might've messed up prioritisation

Something like which of the following is (or isn't, can't remember) the role of the GPhC, and similar stuff about the NHS Constitution etc.
Reply 530
Got interviews for hospitals in the South west! Anyone know what kind of questions to expect??*
Thames valley interview: 60 minutes, 3 stations, 5 topics.
Reply 532
hey, how did you find that out? have you been offered an interview? still haven't heard anything back since the message saying getting our exam info was delayed. now worried i haven't been considered :frown:

Original post by suitofgold
Reply 533
Original post by jdsrlington
Can anyone suggest any important reports/documents to read up on in preparation for interviews? Planning on going over the Francis report but if there are any other crucial ones I would appreciate someone letting me know!

The Carter review, Berwick report and the kneogh report they all go hand in hand with the Francis one
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah first interview tomorrow morning! Super nervous
Has anybody got an interview for any of the Welsh hospitals?
Reply 536
Original post by suitofgold

Did they offer you an interview? I still haven't heard back from them.. worried now :frown:
Reply 537
Original post by pharma123
Ah first interview tomorrow morning! Super nervous

Good luck, hope it goes well for you!
Original post by Hz2005
The Carter review, Berwick report and the kneogh report they all go hand in hand with the Francis one

Thanks!
Original post by Ika17
Did they offer you an interview? I still haven't heard back from them.. worried now :frown:

Original post by mw0211
hey, how did you find that out? have you been offered an interview? still haven't heard anything back since the message saying getting our exam info was delayed. now worried i haven't been considered :frown:

Yes I think they sent out a batch of interviews last night around 7 PM. A friend of mine got one as well, good luck to you guys!

Quick Reply