The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Can I re-submit my master's dissertation to earn the degree back?

I just learnt that I failed the summer dissertation so that I won't be able to get the degree. But is it possible for a taught master to re-write and re-submit a new dissertation for the degree? My friends in London and Amsterdam could do that. Please advise. Thanks.
Original post by pash913
I just learnt that I failed the summer dissertation so that I won't be able to get the degree. But is it possible for a taught master to re-write and re-submit a new dissertation for the degree? My friends in London and Amsterdam could do that. Please advise. Thanks.

You need to speak to people at the university about this, not strangers on the internet. Speak to your supervisor about why you failed, and perhaps try contacting the Education Advocate (https://www.yourunion.net/support/education/educationadvocate/) to find out whether you have any options.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Read the university's academic regulations - they'll tell you what, if anything, your options are. It's irrelevant what other people at other universities do.

Do you know why you failed?
Reply 3
As it turned out, the school did not allow for a re-submission of the dissertation since my failed mark still qualified for a postgraduate diploma. If my mark had failed below 7 out of 20, I would have had to re-sumbit for a pass/fail grade to decide if I would have been eligible for that PG diploma.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending