The Student Room Group

Worried about starting uni

Im worried about starting uni. Is there any point in being worried and what is it like when you get there.
Original post by MrCoolVille
Im worried about starting uni. Is there any point in being worried and what is it like when you get there.

I really wouldn't be worried, just go for it. Yes, it will be awkward for a little bit whilst you get to know people, but it works out in a few days.
Reply 2
Original post by Hayley Williams
I really wouldn't be worried, just go for it. Yes, it will be awkward for a little bit whilst you get to know people, but it works out in a few days.
Ok thanks, What year are you at at uni? Also do you have any tips?
I have been informed that the general thing for starting uni is that it's a bit awks at first but because everybody's in the same boat of not really knowing anybody it quickly becomes all okay and devolves into doing shots in the kitchen. Assuming that's the case, you'll be fine as long as you're okay with being away from home.

*PHILOSOPHY INTENSIFIES*
Reply 4
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I have been informed that the general thing for starting uni is that it's a bit awks at first but because everybody's in the same boat of not really knowing anybody it quickly becomes all okay and devolves into doing shots in the kitchen. Assuming that's the case, you'll be fine as long as you're okay with being away from home.

*PHILOSOPHY INTENSIFIES*

Ok Thanks. Yeah its also a bit daunting going away from home but I'm also looking forward to it.

Hello :smile:,

It's completely natural to feel worried and the majority of students all feel worried before starting university. Long story short, no. There is no need to be worried - it may be a little awkward at first but everybody is in the same boat and once you are there and getting stuck in with the lifestyle you shall be fine.

Good luck :biggrin:
Ok thanks, What year are you at at uni? Also do you have any tips?

I'm going into my second year. My tips for the first few days, would be to keep your door open, speak to people with there doors open and introduce yourself. I sat in the kitchen for most of the first day and chatted to people as they arrived. This can be less daunting than knocking on there door or going into there room. Make sure to go to pre drinks/events that are on for the first couple nights, to help yourself to become more comfortable. I didn't drink/like going out, but I'm make sure to go to prinks until late even if it felt out of my comfort zone. Don't stay in your room, unless you having a really **** time.
Reply 7
im not worried - more like preemptively cringing at the overwhelming awkwardness that will no doubt descend upon me in the first few weeks
esp with moving out - istg if one of my house mates gets stingy about anything related to bills or housework i'll stick a broomstick up their arse
one of them already asked the landlord to take money off her rent and split it between the rest of us because she got the smaller room (which isn't even small, and we have a good sized living room and a back garden), even though she said she wouldn't mind at all and it was a fair draw (which she was persistent on making us do so it can be fair)... and now I have to pay extra :colonhash:
but whatever idm as long as she isn't an ******* :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending