The Student Room Group

Was there something missing in my personality?

There was a guy I was interested in.. he told me that he 'really fancied me' and really wanted to have sex, I was really hot etc.. personality-wise, he said I had 'everything going for me', I was 'really nice' 'really funny' etc. and everything to please, and that he 'really liked talking to me and that i was easy to talk to' (he was happy to talk to me every day) he always went red when we spoke etc.

However, he said he 'only saw me as a friend' and 'didn't feel a connection'. I have to accept what he said, but it just made me wonder what's missing for him. He literally implied that I've got everything physically and personality-wise, even said he fancied me, but wouldn't see me as more than a friend.

Has anyone else ever been in this situation? Anything else it could have been? Thanks
Sounds like he was just after sex tbh. I wouldn't say upfront to someone hot that I wanted to sleep with them but everyone's different I guess :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
There was a guy I was interested in.. he told me that he 'really fancied me' and really wanted to have sex, I was really hot etc.. personality-wise, he said I had 'everything going for me', I was 'really nice' 'really funny' etc. and everything to please, and that he 'really liked talking to me and that i was easy to talk to' (he was happy to talk to me every day) he always went red when we spoke etc.

However, he said he 'only saw me as a friend' and 'didn't feel a connection'. I have to accept what he said, but it just made me wonder what's missing for him. He literally implied that I've got everything physically and personality-wise, even said he fancied me, but wouldn't see me as more than a friend.

Has anyone else ever been in this situation? Anything else it could have been? Thanks

Some boys (and girls, actually), unfortunately, are up for nothing more than a flirt. They'll say exactly what you want to hear so you'll keep them taking and entertained. I'm not sure how an internet forum are supposed to judge what's missing, but I'm sure it's not personal. I'm not sure how old you are, but most boys are extremely immature at least until uni. Don't overthink it! Just a learning curve :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Sounds like he was just after sex tbh. I wouldn't say upfront to someone hot that I wanted to sleep with them but everyone's different I guess :tongue:

So do you think that he maybe just wasn't looking for a relationship? Yeah he made it very clear he wanted to sleep with me ... but I don't understand, it's not like I was just some random girl, I was his good friend who he spoke to on a daily basis and he claimed he really liked my personality too.. he always said how kind I was and stuff :s just don't get it lol but I've just got to move on...
Reply 4
Original post by DeafeningSilence
Some boys (and girls, actually), unfortunately, are up for nothing more than a flirt. They'll say exactly what you want to hear so you'll keep them taking and entertained. I'm not sure how an internet forum are supposed to judge what's missing, but I'm sure it's not personal. I'm not sure how old you are, but most boys are extremely immature at least until uni. Don't overthink it! Just a learning curve :smile:

thanks :smile: so, I shouldjust take it as that he really wasn't looking for a relationship with anybody in general, rather than something wrong with me? He was a year younger, but he is more immature than me I guess in some ways, I'll try not to take it too personally, thank you :smile:
So do you think that he maybe just wasn't looking for a relationship? Yeah he made it very clear he wanted to sleep with me ... but I don't understand, it's not like I was just some random girl, I was his good friend who he spoke to on a daily basis and he claimed he really liked my personality too.. he always said how kind I was and stuff :s just don't get it lol but I've just got to move on...

I could bet the money in bank account that he was looking for sex. You do need to move on and find someone more mature bebs x
Reply 6
I'm 25 and he's 24 btw !
Reply 7
I could bet the money in bank account that he was looking for sex. You do need to move on and find someone more mature bebs x

Yeah... I mean I understand if people are just looking for casual stuff, that's fine, but if you really like someone that much, you'll want a relationship with them, right? I mean, you'll see them as more than just someone to sleep with?
Yeah... I mean I understand if people are just looking for casual stuff, that's fine, but if you really like someone that much, you'll want a relationship with them, right? I mean, you'll see them as more than just someone to sleep with?

Yeah I would but then again I'm an emotional mess :tongue: Some guys like jumping from one girl to the next even if they really like one because perhaps they don't like being tied down?
thanks :smile: so, I shouldjust take it as that he really wasn't looking for a relationship with anybody in general, rather than something wrong with me? He was a year younger, but he is more immature than me I guess in some ways, I'll try not to take it too personally, thank you :smile:

My god, yes of course! To be honest by the sounds of things he was never close enough to really know you to judge if there was something missing. But people don't click for a lot of reasons, (especially at teenager age where most people have better things to do), and it's not normally anyone's fault.
Yeah I would but then again I'm an emotional mess :tongue: Some guys like jumping from one girl to the next even if they really like one because perhaps they don't like being tied down?

Yeah, maybe he just didn't want to commit to anyone.. I just need to meet someone who would be willing to I guess :smile:
Original post by DeafeningSilence
My god, yes of course! To be honest by the sounds of things he was never close enough to really know you to judge if there was something missing. But people don't click for a lot of reasons, (especially at teenager age where most people have better things to do), and it's not normally anyone's fault.

Thanks :smile: but yeah, it wasn't like we didn't have much to talk about or anything, we talked every single day, and there was a strong attraction there, but yeah, wh oknows lol.. I'll get over it anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending