The Student Room Group

MMU accommodation problem.

Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my daughter who has been accepted in to MMU this year.

Due to a certificate arriving late she could not chose her accommodation until late. Her preferred accommodation (Cambridge) is now fully booked.

We're hoping that there maybe vacancies that come available around the start of term time, she has a friend who has a room at Cambridge. Does anyone know if she could, short-term, share with her?

If this isn't possible what does anyone suggest to get through the first week or so?

Thanks so much
Original post by blutony
Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my daughter who has been accepted in to MMU this year.

Due to a certificate arriving late she could not chose her accommodation until late. Her preferred accommodation (Cambridge) is now fully booked.

We're hoping that there maybe vacancies that come available around the start of term time, she has a friend who has a room at Cambridge. Does anyone know if she could, short-term, share with her?

If this isn't possible what does anyone suggest to get through the first week or so?

Thanks so much

Why is she so fixated on this one hall? Rooms in student halls are typically very small and not suitable for multiple occupancy unless a twin or triple room, this is also not something the university would allow anyway. The chances of a room becoming available near the start of term in one particular hall is very slim and not something to be relied on, so your daughter needs to look at what other options are available, most likely private halls or private housing at this late stage.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. She prefers this accommodation because of the price & location. Thankfully a room came available today. Once again, thanks.
Original post by blutony
Thanks for your reply. She prefers this accommodation because of the price & location. Thankfully a room came available today. Once again, thanks.

Anyone needs a student room in manchester for this year 2016/17 or do u know someone who needs it? Get in touch with me!
Thank u :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending