The Student Room Group

The Quest for A*A*AA - Y13 study blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nowen
Do you normally stick to doing a certain amount of hours per day?
I ask because sometimes I feel really motivated to do lots of work and on other days I will feel lethargic and won't get much work done.

I have never counted my hours of work. It's not about the time you spend, for me, it's what you achieve e.g. a certain number of past papers, some chapters in a book etc.

Of course it's fine to have lazy days (today is one for me) but it's important to set targets so that every day isn't a lazy day :tongue:
Original post by h8skoooooool
Ah I envy you rn! It's just that I don't know what to do for my conclusion or results section because the experiment didn't actually work in the end lmaooo

I had completely forgotten about the poster
:rip:

lol my experiment failed as well :five:just write about the issues and stuff and why you couldn't get data - what you would do to make it better had you had more time etc.
You got this :yy:
:rofl: yeah rip for me too :I
Original post by DarkEnergy
Oops sorry didn't see the update! Yeah, the PAT looks horrible lol.

It's fine :smile: yeah I initially wanted to go to Oxford because it was just physics and no other natural sciences, but I don't want to waste any time doing PAT papers or learning new content for it (I read that it helps to know some M3 topics)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
lol my experiment failed as well :five:just write about the issues and stuff and why you couldn't get data - what you would do to make it better had you had more time etc.
You got this :yy:
:rofl: yeah rip for me too :I

Hm yeah that sounds good, I could write a bit about that (so many reasons why it failed lol)

Thanks, good luck with your poster!! :biggrin:
Hm yeah that sounds good, I could write a bit about that (so many reasons why it failed lol)

Thanks, good luck with your poster!! :biggrin:

:rofl: i had many as well :rofl:
thank you! Will need it lol :tongue:
Ahh already motivating me now that you've nearly finished C4 already?!
Are you also sticking to the FMSP lecture plan and then past papers?
Original post by Pentaquark
Ahh already motivating me now that you've nearly finished C4 already?!
Are you also sticking to the FMSP lecture plan and then past papers?

Hahah I did a bit over summer :smile:

And I'm not sure yet, because I'd like to finish learning the content before the lectures finish (especially with S2 because that only starts in January). Also, it seems like there's a lot of content in FP2 and 3.

I think I'll just start going through the book for FP2 when I finish C4 and see how things go. What's your plan :tongue:?
Hahah I did a bit over summer :smile:

And I'm not sure yet, because I'd like to finish learning the content before the lectures finish (especially with S2 because that only starts in January). Also, it seems like there's a lot of content in FP2 and 3.

I think I'll just start going through the book for FP2 when I finish C4 and see how things go. What's your plan :tongue:?

Ideally I want C3, C4, FP2 mocks by Christmas or after that.
M3 will be my hardest since I can't get lectures for them. And I'm not amazing at mechanics lol. Or maths in general tbh.
Hence why I am trying to get as much done ASAP. So plenty of time to prepare.

So following the lectures but since i've learnt a bit of FP2 already just get ahead and learn the rest as much as i can really.
Im not sure tbh. Ill see how it goes.
Original post by Pentaquark
Ideally I want C3, C4, FP2 mocks by Christmas or after that.
M3 will be my hardest since I can't get lectures for them. And I'm not amazing at mechanics lol. Or maths in general tbh.
Hence why I am trying to get as much done ASAP. So plenty of time to prepare.

So following the lectures but since i've learnt a bit of FP2 already just get ahead and learn the rest as much as i can really.
Im not sure tbh. Ill see how it goes.

Yeah I think I'll do C3, C4, M2 by Christmas and do the rest by mocks in March ish.

Ah you might be able to speak to FMSP about that! My friend in the year above had one-on-one lectures for M3 from someone who went to Cambridge and they sent him a special tablet thing to help :smile:
Yeah I think I'll do C3, C4, M2 by Christmas and do the rest by mocks in March ish.

Ah you might be able to speak to FMSP about that! My friend in the year above had one-on-one lectures for M3 from someone who went to Cambridge and they sent him a special tablet thing to help :smile:

Ooh thanks for telling me that! thats good :smile: My head of maths is sorting all this stuff out with the FMSP. Hasn't sorted it out yet but hopefully I will get some sort of support. :s-smilie:
Update: 18/09/16

I already feel miles behind and this was my first full week lol

On the bright side, I visited Imperial the other day and it was brilliant! I loved the accommodation and the guy giving the admissions talk (plus they played a PowerPoint of science jokes whilst we waited). They also gave me a pen, highlighters, water bottle, three bags and two sets of earphones!!! And they had a BBQ with really great burgers!! I'm easy to win over :tongue:

I've also sent off my Nuffield report, which I'm really proud of! I'll make another update later in the week about where I'm up to with maths, chemistry and physics work.

A rant about A Level predictions:

Spoiler

Update: 18/09/16

I already feel miles behind and this was my first full week lol

On the bright side, I visited Imperial the other day and it was brilliant! I loved the accommodation and the guy giving the admissions talk (plus they played a PowerPoint of science jokes whilst we waited). They also gave me a pen, highlighters, water bottle, three bags and two sets of earphones!!! And they had a BBQ with really great burgers!! I'm easy to win over :tongue:

I've also sent off my Nuffield report, which I'm really proud of! I'll make another update later in the week about where I'm up to with maths, chemistry and physics work.

A rant about A Level predictions:

Spoiler

Same here with A level predictions. My school are fussy with the A*.
I can fully understand why but still its annoying.
I'm applying for chemistry and I really have to push for that star :s-smilie:
I'd be very angry with your physics teacher lol :colondollar:
I thought I was reading about myself, we take the same subjects and stuff:smile:. How is your progresss so far??
Original post by davozgenius
I thought I was reading about myself, we take the same subjects and stuff:smile:. How is your progresss so far??

Sweet, are you also a physics applicant?

Going well so far, I need to post another update this week but I (think I'm) on top of everything. Physics and chemistry notes are coming along nicely and I'm starting to enjoy M2 and FP2 :smile: how about yourself?
Sweet, are you also a physics applicant?

Going well so far, I need to post another update this week but I (think I'm) on top of everything. Physics and chemistry notes are coming along nicely and I'm starting to enjoy M2 and FP2 :smile: how about yourself?

Engineering applicant at cambridge,I am behind on all my subject because i am preparing for the Engaa
Engineering applicant at cambridge,I am behind on all my subject because i am preparing for the Engaa

Hoe are prepering and what UMS % did you get in Maths if you dont mind me asking

Ah I've actually decided to apply to Oxford instead (long story, I know it says that I've applied to Cambridge atm). I've got the PAT to prepare for as well but I haven't done very much so far :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest