The Student Room Group

Can I study criminology with psychology with...

An access to health and social care diploma?!!!

Please help.
Original post by AspiringCrim
An access to health and social care diploma?!!!

Please help.

At what level are you talking about, higher education? A-level?
Original post by iammichealjackson
At what level are you talking about, higher education? A-level?

Higher Education diploma
Higher Education diploma

i doubt you'd find a criminology degree with the diploma. They are fundamentally different. Criminology is an academic discipline focusing on social policy, and won't really help you much in terms of working with people. Having a look on the OU site, the diploma is only 58 credits, which really isn't that much, (it would make up like a half of a year), and it seems to be designed for people who are already working/volunteering in social care.
Original post by iammichealjackson
i doubt you'd find a criminology degree with the diploma. They are fundamentally different. Criminology is an academic discipline focusing on social policy, and won't really help you much in terms of working with people. Having a look on the OU site, the diploma is only 58 credits, which really isn't that much, (it would make up like a half of a year), and it seems to be designed for people who are already working/volunteering in social care.

Its 60 credits and equivalent to 3 A's. Nevermind, u seem not to know what it is. Thanks tho for the help. I already asked my tutor and she said I can get into that course.
Its 60 credits and equivalent to 3 A's. Nevermind, u seem not to know what it is. Thanks tho for the help. I already asked my tutor and she said I can get into that course.

Oh i thought you meant you wanted to study both at the same time when you said higher education, as in a criminology + diploma at the same time.
Reply 6
Yes you definitely can :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest