The Student Room Group

What's the most amount of money you'd pay for a blouse or a shirt?

I fell in love with a blouse today which is similar to a vest top I already have with birds on it. I was shocked that it costs £15 as it's only thin but it's pretty long though. There's another one I like for £12 I think and I thought "Wow, it'd cost £27 for 2 blouses!" which I think is expensive! bought neither but may buy at least one another time though. How much would you expect to pay for a blouse or shirt, and what's the most amount you'd pay? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Up to £40 as better quality = more use.
Reply 2
Don't care if this is seen as cheap but the most I've spent is £10 for a formal shirt and tie and £25 for two casual shirts. I'd rather have three different shirts I like than a single £30 shirt from Debenhams or somewhere.
Original post by Rachel58
Up to £40 as better quality = more use.

Original post by M451
Don't care if this is seen as cheap but the most I've spent is £10 for a formal shirt and tie and £25 for two casual shirts. I'd rather have three different shirts I like than a single £30 shirt from Debenhams or somewhere.

It's interesting how people's opinions differ. Yeah it's good to buy better quality products. I even feel like £10 would be too much but I think that way because I feel like I need to buy about 5 for work, and even then I'd be fussy and maybe not wear them as I want to look smart but not too formal as I want to appear approachable to patients. I'm thinking of going to Primark for some x

Posted from TSR Mobile
In part, it depends where I buy them from / brand. I wouldn't, for example, pay £20 for a shirt from Primark. But would be ok paying £20 for one from somewhere like Debenhams. It also does also depend what I'm wearing it for.
Reply 5
Maximum I'd spend is £20, depends on where it's from really. I wouldn't spend £40 though, that's a waste in my opinion.
Reply 6
Like £15 lmao.
My own wardrobe transition started with one piece of clothing: a James Perse shirt.
my most expensive Zegna polo shirts are £145 each and I have 4
Reply 9
Original post by Little Old Me
It's interesting how people's opinions differ. Yeah it's good to buy better quality products. I even feel like £10 would be too much but I think that way because I feel like I need to buy about 5 for work, and even then I'd be fussy and maybe not wear them as I want to look smart but not too formal as I want to appear approachable to patients. I'm thinking of going to Primark for some x

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is similar to what I've done. I want a good range so I'm not wearing the same combination very often so quantity does get one over quality in this instance. I've found that I'm more than happy with the quality from places that charge £10-15. Longevity could become an issue, however.
The most I would spend on a shirt would be $20, and it should a be a piece that doesn't look common, or something that I can buy at a lower price. The brand name is what makes it expensive, but always check if it is of quality or just plain costly.
Spent £60 on a Fred Perry 1 for Skool
Depends on the quality and how much I liked it. Probably £40 max.

Quick Reply