The Student Room Group

Which A-levels should I take?

Hi I'm in year 11 so I've started to look at what I and to do in college. The courses that I'd like to take are:
French/German
Economics
Government and politics
Law/accounting
Would these work well together if not which ones would you recommend? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Beccae53
Hi I'm in year 11 so I've started to look at what I and to do in college. The courses that I'd like to take are:
French/German
Economics
Government and politics
Law/accounting
Would these work well together if not which ones would you recommend? Thanks :smile:

I would say that those would go fine together :smile: Remember to bear in mind what you might like to at university (if you want to go) so you make sure you are taking the correct subjects for the degree you'd like to do.
thanks, that's helped a lot :smile:
Guys, I am doing Maths Chemistry and Business studies and i have just srartd year 12. And i want to do engineering and will doing business studies affecr my chance of going to a russel group uni?
Original post by joseph9299
Guys, I am doing Maths Chemistry and Business studies and i have just srartd year 12. And i want to do engineering and will doing business studies affecr my chance of going to a russel group uni?

I think not having an additional science may hold you back a little. Have you looked to see what subjects are essential and preferred for the engineering courses you are interested in?
Original post by CatusStarbright
I think not having an additional science may hold you back a little. Have you looked to see what subjects are essential and preferred for the engineering courses you are interested in?

Im doing civil engineering, at the unis require maths and a science
Reply 6

Potentially, you really need Physics for many engineering courses at "good" universities.
Original post by jneill
Potentially, you really need Physics for many engineering courses at "good" universities.

i'LL Flop physics, thats why im doing chem, and thats the entry requirements for most russel group unis
Im doing civil engineering, at the unis require maths and a science

From a quick look at a few unis, you're going to need physics to get in.
Reply 9

Could you switch business studies for a different subject considering you want to study engineering? Is there any possibility of Further Maths or do you not believe your maths skills are quite up to that level of contnet?
Reply 10
i'LL Flop physics, thats why im doing chem, and thats the entry requirements for most russel group unis

Perhaps, but engineering is basically applied physics...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Forgetting entry requirements, if you're not able to do Physics A level you'll probably struggle with the content of an Engineering degree.

Quick Reply

Latest