The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
So far got Credit Suisse and UBS crossed off the list. JP Morgan is next and Goldman's whenever pretty much.

Am I missing any other currently available? Thanks :smile:
Applied to Banking / IT programme at DB. Received the numerical reasoning test - has anyone sat it? If so, opinons please.
If you apply to SEO now, would you have to wait before you finish your interviews with them and get approved before applying to any banks for SWs, or would it be too late? Apaprently the SEO process takes 4-6 weeks.
Original post by gwagon
If you apply to SEO now, would you have to wait before you finish your interviews with them and get approved before applying to any banks for SWs, or would it be too late? Apaprently the SEO process takes 4-6 weeks.

Yeh you would have to wait but only for their partner firms (check the website to see them) - the rest of the banks you can apply for normally.

Also, last year I did most of applications in late October and early November so you will be fine if it takes a while for SEO to come through
Original post by groovyd97
Yeh you would have to wait but only for their partner firms (check the website to see them) - the rest of the banks you can apply for normally.

Also, last year I did most of applications in late October and early November so you will be fine if it takes a while for SEO to come through

The thing is that some firms recruit for SWs on a rolling basis so I have to juggle between the benefit of applying earlier without SEO affiliation or waiting a few more weeks possibly and applying with the SEO affiliation.
Reply 845
Damn those Credit Suisse tests are haaard. Had to pretty much guess the last 2/3 on both tests due to timing issues :frown:. Anyone know what % you need to get pass this stage?
Original post by UCLQ
Damn those Credit Suisse tests are haaard. Had to pretty much guess the last 2/3 on both tests due to timing issues :frown:. Anyone know what % you need to get pass this stage?

What tests did you do for CS aside from numerical? Saw princepieman saying it was 70% by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adrono
What tests did you do for CS aside from numerical? Saw princepieman saying it was 70% by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

70th percentile, so may not be strictly 70%.

CS is numerical and verbal both kenexa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 848
Original post by Adrono

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a verbal and a numerical one. The numerical wasn't too bad, I think I got all the questions I attempted correct with like 2-4 at the end where I ran out of time and guessed.

The verbal test is harder to judge, but I think it went OK.

Just a bit annoyed that I ran out of time on both with like 2-4 questions remaining.
Reply 849
Original post by Princepieman
70th percentile, so may not be strictly 70%.

CS is numerical and verbal both kenexa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf they eliminate 70% of applicants based on 40 multiple choice questions. That is so stupid lol.
Original post by honeysugar
Are you going to wait till you start university to submit your applications?? That's what I was going to do but I'm not sure if it's worth it with freshers and all happening.

I guess ill probably do a couple every week or so until i hear back from SEO london. People do apply at a range of times so I guess ill try get the majority out by mid October.
Original post by UCLQ
Wtf they eliminate 70% of applicants based on 40 multiple choice questions. That is so stupid lol.

It is indeed stupid, but gets the job done in reducing numbers to a manageable level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 852
Is the Barclays spring week open? I saw someone mention it was in this thread but I can't seem to find it on their website anywhere.
Original post by UCLQ
Is the Barclays spring week open? I saw someone mention it was in this thread but I can't seem to find it on their website anywhere.

Not yet, most likely November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys i thought you could just flag ur application with SEO as soon as you sign up and before they get back to you since everyone gets in as long as you meet criteria?

I didn't know there was a interview process

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright thought it would be good to do a quick recap. The SWs currently open are:

1. CS
2. UBS
3. JPM
4. Deutsche
5. HSBC
6. RBC
7. GS (bearing in mind on a non-rolling basis)

Have I missed anyone(s)? please feel free to comment

Btw, does someone know about any free websites which provides good information regarding league tables and different firms deal activity? I've been spoiled with access to MergerMarket during the summer and I'm now desperate to find something fairly similar hahah..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by beckentauer
Alright thought it would be good to do a quick recap. The SWs currently open are:

1. CS
2. UBS
3. JPM
4. Deutsche
5. HSBC
6. RBC
7. GS (bearing in mind on a non-rolling basis)

Have I missed anyone(s)? please feel free to comment

Btw, does someone know about any free websites which provides good information regarding league tables and different firms deal activity? I've been spoiled with access to MergerMarket during the summer and I'm now desperate to find something fairly similar hahah..

RBC isn't open.

And the go-tos are deal logic, bloomberg pdfs, thomas reuters, factset they all have pdfs/sites with rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RBC isn't open.

And the go-tos are deal logic, bloomberg pdfs, thomas reuters, factset they all have pdfs/sites with rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry bout RBC, looked at 2016' :colondollar:alright, thanks for the sites!
Reply 858
Are UBS not doing Horizons this year? or will it open later?
Reply 859
RBC isn't open.

Posted from TSR Mobile

are all the rest on a rolling basis?

Latest