The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James.Carnell
Who would you bring in that can challenge then? We're not a big enough club to attract the best.

You are deluded about how big the club is. In our history we were not exactly serial winners like Liverpool and United.

No... you just support the club because you think we have a divine right to challenge and you think its a big club. It does not work like that.

sorry, you're the deluded one. not bg enough to attract suarez. big club is moot. city isn't bigger, only financially, they can get Pep, and a host of top players. players go where there is the opportunity to challenge. being "big" is moot. you have a small club mentality, it's really fans like you that keep Arsenal back.

and stop mentioning liverpool/man u, they are the two biggest clubs in England, so what? what is the relevance between them and Arsenal here? i'm sure many of their fans would say we're a big club, we are. and big clubs should at least challenge, if they have the means to.

what does divine right mean? did you stumble from a 17th century English history class or something? i want my club to challenge at least, especially when we are rich as we are now. nothing wrong with that, and preferable over your preference for mediocrity. clubs with pedigree look to compete, not think about "poor Aston Villa"....i don't care, i'm not a Villa fan.
Let me elaborate on "We are not big enough to attract the best"

Recent precedent:
Ozil: Surplus at Madrid
Alexis: Surplus at Barca

They were unwanted by tier 1. We are tier 2. Yet you talk as if we are tier 1. And yes, Man Utd are a significantly bigger club than us and yet you talk like we are as big as them on size and history. That is why we get laughed at , because people like you lack perspective and believe you have a divine right to win based on a mistaken perception of grandeur.
You talk as if we are AC Milan, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Barca, Liverpool. We are not near that, at all.

We are second tier. So calm yourself down. Other fans laugh at people like you because you are delusional about the size of the club. It is not a small club mentality, it is an awareness of history. All well and good being ambitious, but you base your ambition off the belief you have a divine right to win from a mistaken analysis of our history. I think you need private tutoring, not just grammar school :lol:.

No, i laugh at fans like you who believe we shouldn't challenge or just content with fourth place every year. but excuse me for being a bad fan who respects his club's history and achievements. like how liverpool fans celebrate istanbul, or city fans aguerroooooo....haha. rather that than your tolerance of mediocrity, and sympathy for relegated big clubs like Newcastle or Villa.
Original post by kimkarsd
sorry, you're the deluded one. not bg enough to attract suarez. big club is moot. city isn't bigger, only financially, they can get Pep, and a host of top players. players go where there is the opportunity to challenge. being "big" is moot. you have a small club mentality, it's really fans like you that keep Arsenal back.

and stop mentioning liverpool/man u, they are the two biggest clubs in England, so what? what is the relevance between them and Arsenal here? i'm sure many of their fans would say we're a big club, we are. and big clubs should at least challenge, if they have the means to.

what does divine right mean? did you stumble from a 17th century English history class or something? i want my club to challenge at least, especially when we are rich as we are now. nothing wrong with that, and preferable over your preference for mediocrity. clubs with pedigree look to compete, not think about "poor Aston Villa"....i don't care, i'm not a Villa fan.

City have an unlimited bankroll and a lot of recent success.

You have a deluded fan mentality, we have a lot of money but we would simply get outbid in any bidding war with the other clubs. Unless, we sell the club to Usmanov, which is what a glory supporter like you would want.
Original post by kimkarsd
No, i laugh at fans like you who believe we shouldn't challenge or just content with fourth place every year. but excuse me for being a bad fan who respects his club's history and achievements. like how liverpool fans celebrate istanbul, or city fans aguerroooooo....haha. rather that than your tolerance of mediocrity, and sympathy for relegated big clubs like Newcastle or Villa.

We are not mediocre, you should be happy we're even in the Champions League every year. Bigger clubs don't have that luxury.
yes, i'm a bad fan who wants my team to challenge, not win every year but challenge, since i like seeing my club active and healthy...hahahaha..cool. you're probably a QPR fan who watches us since we're premier league.
This is literally worse than Arsenal Thread 18.
Original post by swirly

Pls report them all x
Original post by Lúcio
Pls report them all x

My post count decreases drastically over the course of the last 2 threads as has the quality. Correlation? :wink:

Actually on that note, @Lyrical Prodigy any stats on post numbers on last thread? (Pls dont have me at first for once)
Original post by leinad2012
My post count decreases drastically over the course of the last 2 threads as has the quality. Correlation? :wink:

Actually on that note, @Lyrical Prodigy any stats on post numbers on last thread? (Pls dont have me at first for once)

Most Arsenal fans have started supporting other clubs tbh. It's only the hardcore fan base left.
Reply 270
Original post by swirly

Were you even around then?
anyone got much hope for tonight?

Neither us or them have started strongly domestically...
Original post by swirly
Most Arsenal fans have started supporting other clubs tbh. It's only the hardcore fan base left.

then you're a plastic *****...lol.
Let me elaborate on "We are not big enough to attract the best"

Recent precedent:
Ozil: Surplus at Madrid
Alexis: Surplus at Barca

They were unwanted by tier 1. We are tier 2. Yet you talk as if we are tier 1. And yes, Man Utd are a significantly bigger club than us and yet you talk like we are as big as them on size and history. That is why we get laughed at , because people like you lack perspective and believe you have a divine right to win based on a mistaken perception of grandeur.

lol at Arsenal being Tier 2.

You are top of Tier 3 at best. Can't call yourself Tier 2 when you don't win trophies consistently or challenge in Europe.
(edited 7 years ago)
i'd take a draw vs. PSG. then win the remaining games.
Original post by Lúcio
Pls report them all x

haha....
Original post by leinad2012

really? I don't see the quality here.
Original post by fallen_acorns
anyone got much hope for tonight?

Neither us or them have started strongly domestically...

draw or a win.
We shouldn't be losing this tonight. PSG are a shadow of the team they were last season without Ibra. 2-0, Ozil and Sanchez. Will probably be a draw though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Whether we lose or win tonight makes no difference. Nothing ever changes at this club. We'll qualify over the 6 games, sometimes looking World Class, and sometimes looking abysmal, then go out in the r16. It doesn't matter if PSG are there for the taking or not, this isn't the final. We'll qualify either way, and go on to show we're just there to make up numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest