The Student Room Group

Trigonometric Identities Help!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex.trin
Well we all did further maths in June so we're just recapping some of the A* content which is likely to appear in the AS before we forget it completely.

Are you in England?

If so, I'd tend to look at C1 first and finish that so you are clear what topics fit where.
Reply 81
Original post by RDKGames
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.!!!!!

Valerie, same pitfall I made. Look onto the first page.

No it's not, she's doing something completely valid.
Reply 82
You had 1+sinxcosx\frac{1+\sin{x}}{\cos{x}} and now refer back to my comment on what to do.

I have and I am still as equally confused
I have and I am still as equally confused

Once you have cosx(1+sinx)1sin2x\frac{\cos{x}(1+\sin{x})}{1-\sin^2x} you can express the denominator in difference of two squares, then cancel any common factors.
Reply 84
Original post by Muttley79
Are you in England?

If so, I'd tend to look at C1 first and finish that so you are clear what topics fit where.

Yes I'm in England. I have two maths teachers this year. With one of them were doing core 1 (algebra atm) and with the other we're starting some core 2 I think.
Original post by Zacken
No it's not, she's doing something completely valid.

Oops, read back and I misinterpreted it.
Original post by ValerieKR
Try starting from the RHS and multiplying the top and bottom by 1+sinx

Could someone please explain why everyone is using the word sin, its a sin!!!! THIS THREAD IS FULL OF SINNERSSS
Yes I'm in England. I have two maths teachers this year. With one of them were doing core 1 (algebra atm) and with the other we're starting some core 2 I think.

Isn't her geographical location a bit private, please think next time when answering potential pedophillic questions alex deary
Reply 88
Once you have cosx(1+sinx)1sin2x\frac{\cos{x}(1+\sin{x})}{1-\sin^2x} you can express the denominator in difference of two squares, then cancel any common factors.

Omg thanks again! You're such a lifesaver

I swear if i see the word sin one more time I'm going to going cardiac arrest
Original post by ellahick

sin(devil)\sin(de^vi_l)
Omg thanks again! You're such a lifesaver

onlly god himself can save ones life
Original post by ellahick

Sin
sin(devil)\sin(de^vi_l)

is there any chance you are related or are infact simon milner?
Original post by asinghj
Sin

you are a nasty person
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 95
Right guys... LAST QUESTION!!! You'll never have to hear from me again so the sooner you help me, the sooner you can forget about me.
tanxsinx/1-cosx = 1 + 1/cosx
Where do I even start?
Reply 96
Right guys... LAST QUESTION!!! You'll never have to hear from me again so the sooner you help me, the sooner you can forget about me.
Where do I even start?

So you have sinxsinxcosx1cosx=sin2xcosx(1cosx)=1cos2xcosx(1cosx)\displaystyle \frac{\sin x \frac{\sin x}{\cos x}}{1 - \cos x} = \frac{\sin^2 x}{\cos x(1-\cos x)} = \frac{1 - \cos^2 x}{\cos x (1-\cos x)}

Now use different of two squares.
Where do I even start?

stop SINning, put on your swimming COStume and TAN
Original post by Zacken
So you have sinxsinxcosx1cosx=sin2xcosx(1cosx)=1cos2xcosx(1cosx)\displaystyle \frac{\sin x \frac{\sin x}{\cos x}}{1 - \cos x} = \frac{\sin^2 x}{\cos x(1-\cos x)} = \frac{1 - \cos^2 x}{\cos x (1-\cos x)}

Zacken back at it again with the cheeky fast replies
Reply 99
Original post by Zacken

Please can you explain what you've done in between steps 1 and 2 <3

Quick Reply

Latest