Original post by hateme
fully factorise this:
x^2-3x-xy+3y^2

x(x-3)+y(3y-x) is as best I can get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I had that too but she said the answer needs to be a double bracket which is impossible
Original post by mr T 999
I got that aswell :s-smilie:

Are you sure you read the question properly? What if the answer is there is no solution? because there is no way you can have both brackets have the same experession, that Y will always be there :holmes:

Original post by hateme
Agreed no way an AS question could be that complex

Fully factorise doesn't always mean everything has to be in a bracket, it means everything that can go in a bracket has to be in one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

But apprently that's wrong :hmmmm2: @mediaya you need to double check the question, cause it's not possible to have the same expression in both brackets
Although they did make some changes to A levels making it more harder, so this could be the new A levels maths? :s-smilie:

Lol even so an AS student would not be able to do that, but im sure maths hasn't changed their still doing modular c1, c2 and so on
Original post by Andy98
Fully factorise doesn't always mean everything has to be in a bracket, it means everything that can go in a bracket has to be in one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ik that but she says it HAS to be double bracket so yh
But apprently that's wrong :hmmmm2: @mediaya you need to double check the question, cause it's not possible to have the same expression in both brackets

:holmes:

Original post by hateme
Lol even so an AS student would not be able to do that, but im sure maths hasn't changed their still doing modular c1, c2 and so on

It hasn't, not yet

Original post by hateme
Ik that but she says it HAS to be double bracket so yh

Then I assume she typed it wrong:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
:holmes:

It hasn't, not yet

Then I assume she typed it wrong:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah she either misread the question/typed it wrong here or the answer is there is no solution. I even ran the equation in a factorising program and still get the same thing :holmes:
Yeah she either misread the question/typed it wrong here or the answer is there is no solution. I even ran the equation in a factorising program and still get the same thing :holmes:

Interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got that aswell :s-smilie:

Are you sure you read the question properly? What if the answer is there is no solution? because there is no way you can have both brackets have the same experession, that Y will always be there :holmes:

Yes i read the question properly, they give u an example and ask to do the same for all the others

Yeeeeah! Maybe the answer is no solution :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hateme
:smile:

Spoiler

In a bit lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
Yes i read the question properly, they give u an example and ask to do the same for all the others

Posted from TSR Mobile

Accept there is no solution! You made us do all that work:angry:
Original post by mediaya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I tried that method - if put what I put earlier then say it's impossible to factorise further you should be OK

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont even know anymore :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh okay, i'll just write is as what u all said then

Thank you everyone :colondollar: :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hateme
Accept there is no solution! You made us do all that work:angry:

Oh am sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
dfs\\\\\\\\\
Original post by mediaya
Oooh okay, i'll just write is as what u all said then

Thank you everyone :colondollar: :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's OK kiddo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, I tried that method - if put what I put earlier then say it's impossible to factorise further you should be OK

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay :smile:
Thank you, appreciate your help :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamza772000
dfs\\\\\\\\\

:jumphug::colondollar:
Where did ur avatar disappear lol? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest