The Student Room Group

How does English Initial Assessment(BKSB) Work ?

i had english assesment on bksb,but i dont know how the results work ?
is this how it is ?
level 1 - a
level 2- b
level 3- c
can someone please explain?
Original post by insidesuccess
i had english assesment on bksb,but i dont know how the results work ?
is this how it is ?
level 1 - a
level 2- b
level 3- c
can someone please explain?

Be careful whether you are taking about level 1/2/3 or Entry level 1/2/3 as bksb supports assessment of a very wide range of skill levels.

If bksb says you are working at level 2 then that's GCSE grade C or above standard
If it says level 1 - then that's a grade D or below
If it says Entry level 3 then that's a pretty basic level well below GCSE standard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i took the level 2 english intial assesment

The initial assessment asks a small set of questions that indicate the rough level you are working at. Since it has determined that you are working towards the level 2 standard in English, roughly equivalent to GCSE grade C standard, you might then take a level 2 diagnostic assessment to work out what you need to improve to pass a level 2 functional skills exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
The initial assessment asks a small set of questions that indicate the rough level you are working at. Since it has determined that you are working towards the level 2 standard in English, roughly equivalent to GCSE grade C standard, you might then take a level 2 diagnostic assessment to work out what you need to improve to pass a level 2 functional skills exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so level 2 is a standard pass
so level 2 is a standard pass

A standard pass at GCSE, a C grade, is a level 2 qualification. BKSB has been used to assess you against the requirements of functional skills qualifications. Level 2 functional skills is an equivalent qualification to a C in GCSE. If you have only done an initial assessment in bksb it shows you are working close to the level of a standard GCSE pass but unless you take a diagnostic assessment at level 2 it's impossible to say how close you are.
It is important to note, it is not a test or a qualification it's just an assessment of approximately where you are and what you should work on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
A standard pass at GCSE, a C grade, is a level 2 qualification. BKSB has been used to assess you against the requirements of functional skills qualifications. Level 2 functional skills is an equivalent qualification to a C in GCSE. If you have only done an initial assessment in bksb it shows you are working close to the level of a standard GCSE pass but unless you take a diagnostic assessment at level 2 it's impossible to say how close you are.
It is important to note, it is not a test or a qualification it's just an assessment of approximately where you are and what you should work on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay i get it ,i thought it was big deal and really had me twisted up
thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest