The Student Room Group

Toilet anxiety

Scroll to see replies

Hey update guys
I tried telling my mom i wanted a appointment for my anxiety and panic attacks she told me ot would get better as soon as i lost weight and gained confidence which im not denying it probably will

But i didnt / couldnt tell her that it was about this issue idk what to do now

Can i get through this on my own i know theres nothing wrong with me to be going to a psychiatrist but i want to go for my own reassurance so i can say ive been and recieved external help instead of normally keeping things to myself

Also even tho ive left college this week ive managed to get an appointment with the counsellor at college for next week thursday i was originally going to go for panic attacks anxiety and low self esteem idk whether i should mention this to him or not.
Its going to be my first time going and well idk what/ how to say things or what to expect that and the session only lasts 20 mins and hes a guy lol
Original post by Anonymous
Hey thanks ive messaged you

I haven't got your message, do you think that you may have tried sending it as anonymous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Hey update guys
I tried telling my mom i wanted a appointment for my anxiety and panic attacks she told me ot would get better as soon as i lost weight and gained confidence which im not denying it probably will

But i didnt / couldnt tell her that it was about this issue idk what to do now

Can i get through this on my own i know theres nothing wrong with me to be going to a psychiatrist but i want to go for my own reassurance so i can say ive been and recieved external help instead of normally keeping things to myself

Also even tho ive left college this week ive managed to get an appointment with the counsellor at college for next week thursday i was originally going to go for panic attacks anxiety and low self esteem idk whether i should mention this to him or not.
Its going to be my first time going and well idk what/ how to say things or what to expect that and the session only lasts 20 mins and hes a guy lol

You don't need your mum's permission or approval to go and see the GP, you can make it yourself, it'll be okay.
Why not print out a leaflet on toilet anxiety, then you can just hand it to your GP or the counsellor, it may be easier for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I know this is very late but I'm 15 and I just wanted to say that I deal with this too. For the one thing I have a 'shyness' so I can't use the toilet with other people nearby which is always embarrassing. It also takes me about a minute to actually start peeing. And I constantly need the loo. Now, on some days I'm okay with going to the loo once or twice but some days my bladder just never ever feels empty and I constantly need to go to the loo even if barely anything comes out. It's embarrassing and annoying and I hate it so I know how you feel :-(
Reply 24
Reading your post is like a mirrored version of my life! I had this so bad I quit working. However that led me to start education again. I managed to get over the worst of the anxiety before but still struggle. I came across this post as I'm starting University in two weeks which is worrying me because of the toilet anxiety. I think a lot of it can be due to worrying about the new unknown environment, I have to know exactly where the nearest toilet is to me at all times so I find myself turning down parties, nights out etc as I'm afraid of an accident (even though it's never happened).
If you'd want, we can message each other through email about this, which could really help.
Original post by emmee
Reading your post is like a mirrored version of my life! I had this so bad I quit working. However that led me to start education again. I managed to get over the worst of the anxiety before but still struggle. I came across this post as I'm starting University in two weeks which is worrying me because of the toilet anxiety. I think a lot of it can be due to worrying about the new unknown environment, I have to know exactly where the nearest toilet is to me at all times so I find myself turning down parties, nights out etc as I'm afraid of an accident (even though it's never happened).
If you'd want, we can message each other through email about this, which could really help.

Hey
Its wierd to sww how many people suffer or have been through something like this!
Im starting uni tommorow ans its bwen on my mind too especially simce its the first week and timmings anz rooms are different.

Ive pm ed you (:
Reply 26
Same, I’m a student and I have been having the same worry, just try and push yourself a bit Thurther and it should help
I’m in year 10 and I’m going through the exact same thing. I wear a pad on long car journeys 🤣 my dad lives 45mins-an hour away so as you can probs imagine I have to go to the toilet 100 times before leaving 😩 I more panic about needing the toilet at school!

Quick Reply

Latest