The Student Room Group

applying for med 2017 entry

Have refined my uni options down to; st georges, uea, liverpool, hyms and aberdeen after looking at their requirements
my stats are:
aaa predicted at a level, b in maths as level and doing and eps.
6 a* 5a at gcse
1900 total ukcat score, average of 633 (vr = 640 qr = 650 ar = 610 and band 2 in sjt)
do i stand a chance? where else could i look at with a chance of getting an interview?
ps. i know you can only apply to 4, which one should i cut out?
If you have a good PS then you could apply to Bristol/Sheffield.
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
If you have a good PS then you could apply to Bristol/Sheffield.

Is Sheffield not likely to cut me off after getting my UKCAT score? And are these unis likely to interview me?
Original post by k8trees
Is Sheffield not likely to cut me off after getting my UKCAT score? And are these unis likely to interview me?

Maybe actually, I forgot they used a cut off.
Reply 4
I know someone who got an interview at Sheffield last year with a 630 UKCAT but could be higher this year, no way to tell really

For comparison, I got similar GCSEs to you (but 665 avg) and out of the choices you've put, I applied to HYMS and I got an interview there.

I've noticed you've put 5 choices - remember you can only apply for 4 medical schools!
Reply 5
Original post by sumeyyatontus
I know someone who got an interview at Sheffield last year with a 630 UKCAT but could be higher this year, no way to tell really

For comparison, I got similar GCSEs to you (but 665 avg) and out of the choices you've put, I applied to HYMS and I got an interview there.

I've noticed you've put 5 choices - remember you can only apply for 4 medical schools!

Yes I'm aware of putting 4, just curious and okay does hyms use a cut off?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending