The Student Room Group

Do really pretty girls appreciate compliments on their physical appearance?

The girl I'm dating is jaw-dropping beautiful and I'm wondering whether such girls are tired of guys complimenting their looks. Would they actually like it if you let them know how beautiful they are?
Never heard of a women who doesn't like compliments , but women are women god knows how they work.
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Never heard of a women who doesn't like compliments , but women are women god knows how they work.

I don't think she'll go "blerrgghhh..", she may be indifferent. I'm wondering whether she'll appreciate it or actually like it or if she's just so used to such compliments, she'll think "mehh...k.".
Yes, Im pretty sure they do. But maybe not ordinary compliments that everyone gives. Maybe more personalised and special ones :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, Im pretty sure they do. But maybe not ordinary compliments that everyone gives. Maybe more personalised and special ones :smile:

But how do I make it more personalised or special? she's conventionally beautiful, whatever I say, she'll have heard it 1000 times before from other guys.
Depends who it is, and who's complimenting.

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by ValerieKR
Depends who it is, and who's complimenting.

Spoiler

I don't know if I'm above a 7 but we've been dating for a month now and she likes me.
Reply 7
I used to hate compliments (like reaaaally hate them) don't mind them now but eh
But how do I make it more personalised or special? she's conventionally beautiful, whatever I say, she'll have heard it 1000 times before from other guys.

Well you've been dating so I guess the generic 'xyz looks good on you' or 'you look beautiful' arent going to be ground breaking, but compliment things which arent always obvious perhaps like a birth mark, or how her face changes when she smiles, or the sound of her voice. You know, stuff you probs wont notice on face value so much. :h:
Well you've been dating so I guess the generic 'xyz looks good on you' or 'you look beautiful' arent going to be ground breaking, but compliment things which arent always obvious perhaps like a birth mark, or how her face changes when she smiles, or the sound of her voice. You know, stuff you probs wont notice on face value so much. :h:

Don't overdo it like "you are the most beautiful person blah blah blah.." for 2 hours straight every 8 hours or so because that is a bit too much.

Throw in some "you look nice in that top, shoes, etc." If you're having a good time somewhere smiling and laughing maybe throw in a "I really like your smile".

I think the key is not to treat compliments as if there something to shower a person with, because otherwise when one is received it doesn't feel as genuine.

I think peppering them in, short, simple, sweet compliments throughout her day (or even simple stuff like a text asking how her day has been) just to let her know you like her, and are still interested.

I haven't told her that she looks beautiful. or that something looks good on her so far. Not once.

She cut her hair and she sent me a pic asking me if I liked it and I said "I LOVE IT!". That's the closest I've come to a compliment about her looks. All my compliments are about her intelligence, how well read she is, how nice she is, etc.

But yeah I could definitely compliment little things I love about her that aren't obvious to others. Thanks!
It probably makes them feel better inside, but they'll most likely see you as something like complimenter #5453. Sort of like 'in one ear and out the other' but in a good way.

Compliments that really attract their attention are probably things they didn't even know about themselves or weren't convinced about themselves.
Anon I think she would prefer if you complemented her inner beauty, make her feel loved for who she is and not how she looks like :wink:
Original post by somnacin
Anon I think she would prefer if you complemented her inner beauty, make her feel loved for who she is and not how she looks like :wink:

I do - all the time.
I do - all the time.

Then that's it really (great job btw :congrats:) Maybe you should do a complements ratio of 3 inner self : 1 outer appearance :wink:
A compliment is a compliment
Original post by Goaded
I used to hate compliments (like reaaaally hate them) don't mind them now but eh

I haven't asked her but I think that's exactly how she feels about it.

It's just that I don't wanna feel like I'm policing and filtering my thoughts around her - I've suppressed my urges to tell her how stupidly beautiful she is many times before.
Reply 17
If they are at the appropriate time and place and particularly if they fancy you. You need to go carefully though, they'll have heard it all before..
Original post by Zarek
If they are at the appropriate time and place and particularly if they fancy you. You need to go carefully though, they'll have heard it all before..

Yea exactly. Sometimes they look a bit bothered/bored by compliments or entitled to get them so I know some guys don't even bother talking to overtly gorgeous women.
The girl I'm dating is jaw-dropping beautiful and I'm wondering whether such girls are tired of guys complimenting their looks. Would they actually like it if you let them know how beautiful they are?

Compliment them on things like clothing,different hair style etc. things they put an effort to look good in, I think girls like that but they are complicated creatures so you never know. I have heard that natural things like eyes, not to compliment too much because its just genetics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending