The Student Room Group

What it degrees can I do with btec level 3

What grades would I need to get to do a degree in ict btw I'm doing btec level 3 I'm in my first year
Reply 1
Firstly, ICT isn't really a subject offered as a degree usually it will be called ITMB, Information Management or similar, personally I think Computer Science is a far better choice and more employable

In terms of what grades you need that totally depends on what standard of university you go to, literally can range anything from PPP-D*D*D* in your BTEC of course the better unis require higher grades.

I got D*D*D* in my IT BTEC Level 3 and am now in my third year of Computer Science at Royal Holloway to get in i was required to get DDD (triple distinction)

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by yt7777
Firstly, ICT isn't really a subject offered as a degree usually it will be called ITMB, Information Management or similar, personally I think Computer Science is a far better choice and more employable

In terms of what grades you need that totally depends on what standard of university you go to, literally can range anything from PPP-D*D*D* in your BTEC of course the better unis require higher grades.

I got D*D*D* in my IT BTEC Level 3 and am now in my third year of Computer Science at Royal Holloway to get in i was required to get DDD (triple distinction)

Hope this helps :smile:

Yh I've only started I'm like a week in is it really hard to get what you got.
When I was getting enrolled I didn't even wanna do btec but because I didn't get a grade b I had to do it but I'm presuming a levels are much better obviously
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Westhamfan40
Yh I've only started I'm like a week in is it really hard to get what you got.
When I was getting enrolled I didn't even wanna do btec but because I didn't get a grade b I had to do it but I'm presuming a levels are much better obviously

Well i worked really hard and but there are only a few unis that require D*D*D*, you can get into most with DDD which is a bit easier to obtain.

Personally, if you want a career in IT I think the BTEC is much better than A levels in similar subjects, i have recently completed a placement and at my interview they were very impressed with the range of modules that i did on the BTEC

Do you need anymore advice on what degrees you can do?
Original post by yt7777
Well i worked really hard and but there are only a few unis that require D*D*D*, you can get into most with DDD which is a bit easier to obtain.

Personally, if you want a career in IT I think the BTEC is much better than A levels in similar subjects, i have recently completed a placement and at my interview they were very impressed with the range of modules that i did on the BTEC

Do you need anymore advice on what degrees you can do?

Well i want to do computer science like you but i just hope i get all distinction because it give you many more oppurtunites

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending