The Student Room Group

Do you wish people at school could see you now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inexorably
hahah is it important man? i dont really act camp or stuff

i mean i get it if ur a bit weirded by it but ye it aint a big part of my life

Dunno it's like having a secret. But whatevz.
Original post by Blind Ferret
We all do it to some extent, especially if we've changed drastically. But what point is the change if we're still feeding ego and years old insecurities by being like 'look, see, I'm cool now, I'm different than what you said'. That's not progressing at all, progression is looking back and saying 'that time really didn't matter at all. Me then and me now aren't the same person' and just continuing to do whatever the **** you want.

What did they put in this guy's drink eh?

This just sounds like a joke or complete delusion. It sounds like someone who's not doing **** with your life so you're defending it with this backwards theory. Continuing to fail is literally the opposite of progress.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
Dunno it's like having a secret. But whatevz.

all people needa do is ask and i tell like i dont go arround announcing im bi to everyone i meet cuz thats stupid imo
all people needa do is ask and i tell like i dont go arround announcing im bi to everyone i meet cuz thats stupid imo

It's not about announcing it's about mentioning it at all. You're all up in my dm's and I've no clue you like lads but it's clear you're not in the closet at this point so dunno. Like I said, whatever.
Original post by 0to100
It's not about announcing it's about mentioning it at all. You're all up in my dm's and I've no clue you like lads but it's clear you're not in the closet at this point so dunno. Like I said, whatever.

i only mention it if it needs to come up, i dont see a point in jus dropping it randomly into a convo. if we had a convo on sexuality i wud have mentioned it, it's jus weird to randomly blurt it out.

n dont take the fact that i dmd you as somehow me making a pass at you...
i only mention it if it needs to come up, i dont see a point in jus dropping it randomly into a convo. if we had a convo on sexuality i wud have mentioned it, it's jus weird to randomly blurt it out.

I don't take anyone in my dm's as making a pass at me. But you said yourself you get if I would be weirded, and I said it's w.e. so Idk why we're still discussing it really. Idc. Just shocked as I read it. Over it.
Original post by 0to100
I don't take anyone in my dm's as making a pass at me. But you said yourself you get if I would be weirded, and I said it's w.e. so Idk why we're still discussing it really. Idc. Just shocked as I read it. Over it.

alright then we don't have to discuss it anymore but, although itd obviously weird you, i would hope you dont change any opinion you have on me based on that insignificant fact
alright then we don't have to discuss it anymore but, although itd obviously weird you, i would hope you dont change any opinion you have on me based on that insignificant fact

Not changed on you being an alrite lad no, but it's kinda like when people say a male and female can't be just friends, because sexuality speaking, one is bound to be attracted to the other, sexually/romantically. So sexuality speaking for a straight man and a gay/bi man to be talking, yea one might think the gay/bi wants to have it on. As far as I know all of my real life mates are straight as pin needles so that's why I felt weirded but again it's not on the top of my list of things to worry about. :yy:
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
The key to this thread is to ignore other people's perception of you and focus on fulfilling your own potential.

Don't associate with deadweight from school just because you want to flaunt your success.

They will be living in the same town doing the same job going out at the same places 30 years later.

Original post by Blind Ferret
We all do it to some extent, especially if we've changed drastically. But what point is the change if we're still feeding ego and years old insecurities by being like 'look, see, I'm cool now, I'm different than what you said'. That's not progressing at all, progression is looking back and saying 'that time really didn't matter at all. Me then and me now aren't the same person' and just continuing to do whatever the **** you want.

i'm not saying they're important or this is a big concern of mine lol... i do have my own happy life and path that i will follow otherwise i'd still be back there with them... just a small impish part of me wants them to see haha. not really the big deal ur making out.

you literally don't have to defend yourself not sure why anyone would have to have this conversation in 2016
Original post by Anonymous
you literally don't have to defend yourself not sure why anyone would have to have this conversation in 2016

i know we are in a very liberal era of society but i do understand that its still difficult for people to grasp the concept of other sexualities and its still not exactly outlandish to feel weirded out by it. everyone's entitled to say what they want at the end of the day.
i know we are in a very liberal era of society but i do understand that its still difficult for people to grasp the concept of other sexualities and its still not exactly outlandish to feel weirded out by it. everyone's entitled to say what they want at the end of the day.

:yes:

What conversation?
Thought this said "half baked."
I had a moment like this.
I was bullied throughout school, called a boffin and frigid, and made to feel awful about myself.
I saw a group of these guys on a night out, and half of them tried to hit on me- claiming that now I'm 'hot'. They also boasted about their careers, and I was like 'yeah, I'm at medical school'.

thats awesome friend!
No? I didn't like the people I attended high school with so I don't really see why I would want them to see me in college?
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
The key to this thread is to ignore other people's perception of you and focus on fulfilling your own potential.

Don't associate with deadweight from school just because you want to flaunt your success.

They will be living in the same town doing the same job going out at the same places 30 years later.

So true. Who cares about people in High School seeing you when the whole world could see you
Nah I couldn't care less what they thought about me then and I certainly don't care what they think of me now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
No, cause then I'd have to see them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Yes because I'd love to see what everyone else is up to now.**
I would love to more to show the teachers who said I wouldn't succeed in the jewellery trade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending