The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Has anyone had their Accomodation Offers who went through clearing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by okgoogle
Do you need accommodation before you enrol? I haven't ordered my iD card yet and the deadline is the 17th if you want it on time...so idk?

Not sure, give accomodation a call to confirm. Hoping that we all hear where we are staying early next week rather than the last day on 17th!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by bexley
Not sure, give accomodation a call to confirm. Hoping that we all hear where we are staying early next week rather than the last day on 17th!

Got my offer last night, Connaught halls, wessex lane - part catering, cat 1 (no ensuite or even a basin in your room)! sharing 2 showers and toliets with 15 plus kitchen which is tiny as its part catering. Not sure how they tried to match my choices as they were all self catering with ensuites!
Reply 22
what will you do ? because i got wessex lane non ensuite also.. i have the option to stay in a private studio but unsure of what to do
Reply 23
Original post by bexley
Got my offer last night, Connaught halls, wessex lane - part catering, cat 1 (no ensuite or even a basin in your room)! sharing 2 showers and toliets with 15 plus kitchen which is tiny as its part catering. Not sure how they tried to match my choices as they were all self catering with ensuites!

What will you do?
Reply 24
Original post by bablatow
what will you do ? because i got wessex lane non ensuite also.. i have the option to stay in a private studio but unsure of what to do

Did they offer you a private studio? Just going to call accommodation to find out more.
Reply 25
Original post by bexley
Did they offer you a private studio? Just going to call accommodation to find out more.

no i have put down the admin fee with student housing company
I still wasn't offered the top end accommodation that I once had my sights set on.
Reply 27
I think its a bit of a shock when you get offered something that you did not choose, but looking at reviews, I have seen great things about Connaught.
Original post by okgoogle
Do you need accommodation before you enrol? I haven't ordered my iD card yet and the deadline is the 17th if you want it on time...so idk?

No, i started enrolling and applied for my id card before i got given my accomodation.

Hi

Antony from Unilife here. I have stumbled across this thread and notice that quite a few students are panicking about not having received their accommodation offers yet or were hoping for en-suites and have been offered shared accommodation instead.

If it helps at all we still have some availability in our two Southampton buildings and have a large number of 1st years booked for this year. All our luxury self-contained studios feature en-suite bathrooms and include all bills, unlimited high-speed Wi-Fi, TV and TV license, contents insurance, 24/7 CCTV security and on-site gym and social hub. We also currently have a special offer whereby all Southampton bookings qualify for £400 cashback. Feel free to take a look at our website to find out more or take an online virtual tour of the studios.

Hopefully this helps provide some of you with other alternatives to consider, in case you do not receive the accommodation offer you had hoped for.

Feel free to message me if I can help at all. :smile:

Antony
www.unilife.co.uk
Reply 30
what did you end up doing
Reply 31
what did you end up doing

Accepted, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending