The Student Room Group

Help please, I don't want to get lost

How do i get on a northern line train to hatfield. I dont want to get lost and atm i will be leaving from londons king cross to hatfield but im not sure how thiss will work.

I got a good understand ofnhow to use the underground statioms but never been on a national railway train.

I jist want to make aure that getting to the ticket offices to book a train to hatfield will be easy.

PLEASE HELP, thanks
Reply 1
Great Northern will take you straight there. National Rail is faster and more fun than the stinky underground.
Reply 2
Original post by Light Venom
How do i get on a northern line train to hatfield. I dont want to get lost and atm i will be leaving from londons king cross to hatfield but im not sure how thiss will work.

I got a good understand ofnhow to use the underground statioms but never been on a national railway train.

I jist want to make aure that getting to the ticket offices to book a train to hatfield will be easy.

PLEASE HELP, thanks

You literally walk into the train station and the ticket office should be there:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You literally walk into the train station and the ticket office should be there:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So i go to the ticket office, ask the guy for train to hatfield, jump on platform 5 and wait, im so confused lolsss. Sorry about this, i have a sense of going in the wrong direction all the time. I want to get this right first time instead of going on the wrong train lol.
Original post by Light Venom
So i go to the ticket office, ask the guy for train to hatfield, jump on platform 5 and wait, im so confused lolsss. Sorry about this, i have a sense of going in the wrong direction all the time. I want to get this right first time instead of going on the wrong train lol.

The platform should have a sign saying where the next train is going. Some trains will also list where they're going in the window. If you're still not sure you can ask someone working on the platform for reassurance and they will tell you where the train is going.
Original post by UWS
Great Northern will take you straight there. National Rail is faster and more fun than the stinky underground.

that doesnt help, i already know national rail services are faster then the london over ground

Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

tick office wasnt infront of me, infact it was right at the back and took me 20 minutes to find it.

Original post by loperdoper
The platform should have a sign saying where the next train is going. Some trains will also list where they're going in the window. If you're still not sure you can ask someone working on the platform for reassurance and they will tell you where the train is going.

The first sentence does not help much but thank you kind sir. I am a shy person and do not really like talking to people because i have a low self esteem. However, I did ask the ticket people for reassurance if the train goes to hatfield and was having a nice conversation to one of the ticket guys, he was really nice.

I didnt find the ticket office people near hatfield helpful, they were very rude. i asked him which platform i should go on and that, and he treated me as if i was a pile of shet to him. Not only that, but the the ticket office guy at Kings cross, didn't ( i would say probably forgot) give me the second return ticket ( to travel back to to london), so i was at hatfield and stuck.

(Since it was my first time travelling on a national rail), i told the guy how comes the ticket stayed in there and didnt come out so i can use it again when I come back to london and he didnt say anything, he told me to leave. I should have recorded the guy and sued his azz. however I said the same thing to another ticket guy at kings cross when i came back and he told me I should have two tickets, one to go to hatfield and one to come back ( making it a return ticket) which made alot of sense that having just one ticket.

Oh well, I cannot do much about it now, if I try sue them, they probably going to say that I lost my "second" ticket when the ticket office guy at KGX forgot to give it to me. I wouldn't blame the guy who forgot me, but I would blame the ticket office people at hatfield, there customer service are very poor. its a life lesson learnt, and will be more confident using national rail services now :smile:.

And lastly, these dumb tickets should be turned into a contactless payment card like oyster, it make the world more green and the guy at KGX wouldnt of have forgot about giving me the second ticket to return and only gave me

Thank you, you deserve a rep.

Quick Reply