The Student Room Group

What is it about questioning Hillary's health that angers people so much?

For starters, why have people become so defensive of Hillary suddenly? I can understand being defensive about Bernie, but most people I know don't like Hillary, they just prefer her to Trump. Secondly, why does it anger people so much if some people think that she might be very sick? I actually genuinely don't get it. Like, people genuinely seem to have tantrums over the suggestion that she might have a serious illness.

I feel like Hillary's campaign has some how made it a right-on cause to defend her health, and some people are so easily led that they've actually fallen for it and believe they're doing something honourable by screaming at anyone who thinks she's of poor health.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's because numpties like you think they're medical experts on the back of one or two YouTube videos.

You're peddling nothing more that quack medicine and acting like you're god's gift because of it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Inspired by your siezure expose of yesterday I've unearthed damning eveidence of my own

LOOK at these photos showing her hands are shaking uncontrollably...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hillary+clinton+waving&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwig9aLp-ovPAhWlCMAKHSZgB3oQsAQIJg&biw=1600&bih=740

she's got temors and would die in office if elected!!!!!
Well there was one person yesterday praying that she died.
There seems to be a group of people jumping to conclusions all because their mum saw something on the telly.
There are plenty of conspiracy theories.
Her health now seems to be a political issue, maybe the main one.

You are talking about tantrums, but I see lots of childish attacks and conspiracy theorists by the usuals, ofc you are conveniently blind to that.
She has pneumonia, there are various grades of it. Nobosy het knows how serious i is or is not.
You will have to wait and see how quickly she gets better. People do get better from it.
If she doesnt, then someone else will have to stand.
Reply 4
Asking general questions about a candidate's health is somewhat reasonable . The presidency is the most demanding job in the world, and voters need to know whether they should be considering the VP taking over at some point. However there is a difference between asking is she/he up to it? And diagnosing a neurological condition through two minutes of video.
Original post by KingBradly
For starters, why have people become so defensive of Hillary suddenly? I can understand being defensive about Bernie, but most people I know don't like Hillary, they just prefer her to Trump. Secondly, why does it anger people so much if some people think that she might be very sick? I actually genuinely don't get it. Like, people genuinely seem to have tantrums over the suggestion that she might have a serious illness.

I feel like Hillary's campaign has some how made it a right-on cause to defend her health, and some people are so easily led that they've actually fallen for it and believe they're doing something honourable by screaming at anyone who thinks she's of poor health.

because she isn't 'very sick' and you're in no position to be speculating about her health, especially given that you've got a vocal pro-Trump sentiment
Reply 6
Looks like the morons have taken over TSR again. It's like the changing of the seasons.
Reply 7
Original post by Aj12
Asking general questions about a candidate's health is somewhat reasonable . The presidency is the most demanding job in the world, and voters need to know whether they should be considering the VP taking over at some point. However there is a difference between asking is she/he up to it? And diagnosing a neurological condition through two minutes of video.

You do realise a lot of seizures have to be diagnosed from people's descriptions of them, right? Because it's unlikely they just happen in the doctors office.
Reply 8
Original post by Drewski
It's because numpties like you think they're medical experts on the back of one or two YouTube videos.

You're peddling nothing more that quack medicine and acting like you're god's gift because of it.

Will you still call me a numpty if it turns out I'm right?
Looks like the morons have taken over TSR again. It's like the changing of the seasons.

If you want to run around calling people morons for disagreeing with you, despite openly calling out for someone to disagree with you by making this thread, then you need to get lost sir.
Will you still call me a numpty if it turns out I'm right?

Yes.

Because regardless of whether she is or not, you're still coming across like a tool.
Reply 11
You do realise a lot of seizures have to be diagnosed from people's descriptions of them, right? Because it's unlikely they just happen in the doctors office.

So you've sat down and discussed Hiliary Clinton's health with her, understood from her descriptions she had a seizure and in your expert medical opinion feel comfortable with that diagnosis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joinedup
she's got temors and would die in office if elected!!!!!

Aren't you quite the fortune teller
Original post by alevelstresss
because she isn't 'very sick' and you're in no position to be speculating about her health, especially given that you've got a vocal pro-Trump sentiment

It's probably due to the fact that her campaign forced a narrative of Bernie Sanders being too old to be in office. Then made him release his medical documents.

Now she's the one that's ill. Even worse, she lied about it. She got the diagnosis for pneumonia on Friday yet claimed it was heat when she fainted. In fact, I still think she's lying.

Look at the reaction to her fainting. Do you really think that if that was her first time, her team would've reacted that way? They reacted as if its happened multiple time before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsEznWSUudg

Go to 0:30 for the best angle. They're dragging her like a ragdoll. Their main concern is to block camera angles.
If Obama randomly fainted, you know his whole security team would be panicking.

Also you're sightly wrong. She's had a very bag cough for over a year. and pneumonia is especially bad in the elderly and infants. My uncle had it and nearly died. For all we know, she could be very sick afterall.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pairofjeans
It's probably due to the fact that her campaign forced a narrative of Bernie Sanders being too old to be in office. Then made him release his medical documents.

Now she's the one that's ill. Even worse, she lied about it. She got the diagnosis for pneumonia on Friday yet claimed it was heat when she fainted. In fact, I still think she's lying.

Look at the reaction to her fainting. Do you really think that if that was her first time, her team would've reacted that way? They reacted as if its happened multiple time before. If Obama randomly fainted, you know his whole security team would be panicking.

Also you're sightly wrong. She's had a very bag cough for over a year. and pneumonia is especially bad in the elderly and infants. My uncle had it and nearly died. For all we know, she could be very sick afterall.

this is pure hypothetical nonsense
this is pure hypothetical nonsense

Tbh. I'm not surprised for such a lackluster response from someone called alevelstress. If you have nothing relevant to say, don't reply.

You're incorrect on every sector. Her own doctor has diagnosed her with an illness that can be very severe with the elderly. Yet you're disagreeing anyway.

And it's true that her campaign bullied Sanders into releasing his medical records. Then conveniently went silent when the media asked Clinton to do the same. (Wonder why)

Lastly, she did lie. She was diagnosed on friday and said nothing. Then claimed it was heat related. Despite it being room temperature where she was located at that specific time.

Fully knowing she had pneumonia, she went and hugged a random kid hours later to prove she was ok.

But alrighty then. Good luck with year 12.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pairofjeans
Tbh. I'm not surprised for such a lackluster response from someone called alevelstress. If you have nothing relevant to say, don't reply.

You're incorrect on every sector. Her own doctor has diagnosed her with an illness that can be very severe with the elderly. Yet you're disagreeing anyway.

And it's true that her campaign bullied Sanders into releasing his medical records. Then conveniently went silent when the media asked Clinton to do the same. (Wonder why)

Lastly, she did lie. She was diagnosed on friday and said nothing. Then claimed it was heat related. Despite it being room temperature where she was located at that specific time.

Fully knowing she had pneumonia, she went and hugged a random kid hours later to prove she was ok.

But alrighty then. Good luck with year 12.

Why? Because I "failed my A-levels" or because I am "experiencing stress"? I never had any A-level stress, it was just a quick name I typed up because I only intended this account to be for asking for academic advice. I got into my firm uni choice, a leading RG uni, for physics, and I got three top grades in physics, maths and further maths. So back off.

Furthermore I'm about to go to uni in 17 days, so where did this hypothetical ad hominem about me being in year 12 come from?

If you think pneumonia is serious for Hillary Clinton, with all her wealth and medical help, you're the one who needs to revisit your argument. She lied, she's a corrupt person, I don't like her and I would probably not vote for her (I'd give my vote to Jill Stein), and Bernie Sanders would've been a better candidate in almost every single aspect. But I am a realist, not an idealist. Whinging about a battle that has been lost for a good 4-5 months now is a waste of time - and when it comes to Hillary vs Donald, I would stand behind Hillary again and again 1000 times.
(edited 7 years ago)

If you think pneumonia is serious for Hillary Clinton, with all her wealth and medical help, you're the one who needs to revisit your argument.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. You can look back as far as 2 years. She's had interviews where she's gone into long coughing episodes. To the point where she's had to take a break mid interview. After a while, she stopped having press conferences. People have even made websites giving the time since her last conference. Look http://www.tickcounter.com/countup/1449273600000/us-central/dhms/FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000/Days_Since_Hillary's_Last_Press_Conference

For reference, keep in mind that sanders' last conference was a week ago and he's not even in the running anymore.

Even Trump has held 16 formal conferences this year. Hillary has yet to hold one in 2016.

I have no doubt that she has some of the best medical care in the world. But doctors don't have magic powers. They diagnose and attempt to treat.

Bacterial pneumonia can be treated with antibiotic drugs. Viral pneumonia usually can't be treated externally. People with the viral version usually get better on their own after around 6 weeks. But not everyone. And as I said, the illness is more serious in the elderly. She's been showing symptoms of it for over a year. It's only now that her doctor has been allowed to tell people she has it. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew for months, back. Now she's fainting too (then lying about reasons why). It seems to be getting worse.

I edited my original post immediately after I posted. Idk if you saw but look at the link and go to the mark I specified. Is that the reaction to a presidential candidate fainting for the first time?

And for the record, I never said I liked Trump. I don't know if that part of your reply was meant for me. I think they're both trash candidates. I'm glad I won't have to vote for either of them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Because NO ONE wants Trump as president of the United States of America
I'm not angered, I just don't have time for conspiracy theorists.

Most people I know can't stand Trump - is that supposed to count for something?

Quick Reply