The Student Room Group

hyperpigmentation?!

Hi

I have hyperpigmentation on the chin and upper lip. It looks strange and grey when i put foundation on. Are there any creams or face washes anyone has tried which work? I've read about meladerm which has good reviews but theres also reviews saying its a scam and doesn't work. Confused!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I have hyperpigmentation on the chin and upper lip. It looks strange and grey when i put foundation on. Are there any creams or face washes anyone has tried which work? I've read about meladerm which has good reviews but theres also reviews saying its a scam and doesn't work. Confused!

What works for me is putting on primer then press powder then foundation on the pigmented area, then do the rest of your face

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by fazza6200
What works for me is putting on primer then press powder then foundation on the pigmented area, then do the rest of your face

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which primer do you use?

I'd like a permanent solution too :smile:
Reply 3
Hi

I have the same problem try using a colour corrector on the pigmentation. What i do is use a beauty blender drop 3 drops of oil on it and then blend in the colour corrector, then apply concealer on top, then foundation and add loose powder to set it all down. Plus there are many videos on you tube about applying makeup to pigmented areas :smile:
Which primer do you use?

I'd like a permanent solution too :smile:

The primer that I use is Becca Backlight Priming Perfector and it costs £32 I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Bump
Reply 6
sorry for random tag. I saw you mention somewhere you used a soap for pigmentation dont remember what. What was it? I apologise if I've got the wrong person.
Reply 7
Thank you. Wanted to use something someone has actually used rather than random reviews. Could you send me the link from where you purchase it from? Or an image of what it looks like so I know I'm purchasing the correct one! How long did you use it till you got results?
Reply 8
Thanks. I've received mine. Does yours have the name imprinted on the soap? Mine doesn't but I read online that some people did. Also read it smells citrusy, mine sort of does but it also leaves behind an after-smell, like a bitter or burnt smell. Please tell me yours does too?! Also doesn't really sting. Hope its not fake :frown:
omg, everyone with this problem or other skin problems please watch this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTdePu1cTGU

great prices for students like me who are on a tight budget

i've literally ordered everything he said from this site, the alpha arbutin 2% is the stuff you need for hyperpigmentation :

https://www.victoriahealth.com/brand/The-Ordinary/1053

btw this is not a plug haha ... i just want to let everyone know that there is good skin care available that doesnt cost a fortune :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest