The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Medway campus accommodation

I cant find a thread for this, so who's in the Medway campus on site accomodation? Im trying to find my future flatmates
You mean liberty quays or greenwich accommodations? I'm yr 3 btw and I lived in merlin, I can tell you some things about the place if you want.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SebastianMar
You mean liberty quays or greenwich accommodations? I'm yr 3 btw and I lived in merlin, I can tell you some things about the place if you want.

I'm in merlin too, do you know anything about it that they wouldnt put in the information sent through?
Honestly I took whatever acommodation they had left because I applied super late so I don't know what information they've given you. Things I can tell you right away is, to get some ear plugs incase of loud neighbours because the walls are thin. If you get rooms A or B you get a bigger one, C D E are narrow but decent. That's all off top of my head, ask anything you'd like to know :wink:.
Original post by SebastianMar
Honestly I took whatever accommodation they had left because I applied super late so I don't know what information they've given you. Things I can tell you right away is, to get some ear plugs incase of loud neighbours because the walls are thin. If you get rooms A or B you get a bigger one, C D E are narrow but decent. That's all off top of my head, ask anything you'd like to know :wink:.

Hi, thats some good advice lol. What is their policy on certain electrical devices that are and are not allowed? E.g. mini fridges, speakers, consoles etc...
Is the area a safe place with good security?
I'll be in room B, in what ways is it different to the others types? And in the kitchen do we get our own cupboard space with locks etc..?
thx in advance
Original post by MedioCentro97
Hi, thats some good advice lol. What is their policy on certain electrical devices that are and are not allowed? E.g. mini fridges, speakers, consoles etc...
Is the area a safe place with good security?
I'll be in room B, in what ways is it different to the others types? And in the kitchen do we get our own cupboard space with locks etc..?
thx in advance

You can have any kind of electrical device in your room as long as its not producing smoke or is a naked fire. Minifridge should be in your room if you're in merlin or wolf. The area is very safe. Rooms A and B are more square like shaped and bigger, rooms C D E are smaller, longer but narrow. Everybody should have 2 cupboards in the kitchen for themselves. Im not sure about the locks but when I was there last time few months ago there were no locks.

Quick Reply