The Student Room Group

Cambridge NatSci question

Hi guys
I'd like to do Physical Natural Sciences at Cambridge I just don't know how realistic this is so I'd be very grateful if I could get your opinion on it

At GCSE I got 10A*'s and 2A's
This summer I got A in AS Physics, AS Chemistry and AS maths and A* in maths A2. Here are my module marks for maths as the rest are reformed:
Core 1- 100
Core 2- 99
Core 3- 100
Core 4- 100
Mechanics 1b- 100
Decision 1- 100
Further Pure 1- 87 (self taught)
Decision 2- 80
I don't know whether this is relevant but I did my GCSE's at a state school that was in special measures for a long time and my exams this summer at a large comprehensive state school (with about 3000 students).
I would be grateful if you could give me your opinion on whether I would be a strong candidate or not, thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Newmember200
Hi guys
I'd like to do Physical Natural Sciences at Cambridge I just don't know how realistic this is so I'd be very grateful if I could get your opinion on it

At GCSE I got 10A*'s and 2A's
This summer I got A in AS Physics, AS Chemistry and AS maths and A* in maths A2. Here are my module marks for maths as the rest are reformed:
Core 1- 100
Core 2- 99
Core 3- 100
Core 4- 100
Mechanics 1b- 100
Decision 1- 100
Further Pure 1- 87 (self taught)
Decision 2- 80
I don't know whether this is relevant but I did my GCSE's at a state school that was in special measures for a long time and my exams this summer at a large comprehensive state school (with about 3000 students).
I would be grateful if you could give me your opinion on whether I would be a strong candidate or not, thank you :smile:

You will be competitive for this part of your application. D2 won't concern them. FP1 is a bit weaker but nothing much to worry about.

Are you doing the rest of Further Maths in Y13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
You will be competitive for this part of your application. D2 won't concern them. FP1 is a bit weaker but nothing much to worry about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes and I'll be doing FP2, FP3, FP4, S1, M2 and M3 I think
Reply 3
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for replying and sorry to ask so many questions but how do you know that Cambridge don't really care about D2?
Reply 4
Original post by Newmember200
Thank you for replying and sorry to ask so many questions but how do you know that Cambridge don't really care about D2?

They care about everything, but D modules not as much. Don't worry about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending