The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
How did everyone else find the ey tests?
Reply 81
Original post by rd123456
How did everyone else find the ey tests?

They dragged on a bit. But not too bad overall.*
Has anyone done the KPMG situational judgment test. Any pointers??*
Reply 83
Can anyone speak of the different levels of competition for different roles?

For example, I'm looking at applying to Grant Thornton. I've got a background in studying and interning in financial risk, so the two programmes that appeal to me are Business Risk Services and*Actuarial and Risk, both in London. However, I am also very concerned about not securing anything. Is a programme such as Audit in Bristol likely to be significantly less competitive?*
Has anyone been invited to KPMG Launch Pad for Deal Advisory - London on Oct 13th?
Beware about selling your life and soul for peanuts.
Reply 86
Could you be more specific?
Christ, horrible evening.

Sat down to do the EY tests after being invited to sit them on Friday evening, only to be told that the time limit had expired. They gave me 3 days exactly from 17:12 Friday to do them it seems, which is annoying as I was away this weekend and this evening was the first opportunity I had to sit them. I have emailed them requesting an extension but I am not optimistic.

I was also invited to do the PwC online assessments, and they were comfortably the hardest tests I've ever done in my life. The inductive reasoning and numerical reasoning I struggled with particularly, but the personality questionnaire was just so long-winded with repeated questions.

Not optimistic on either count. Still waiting for an interview date with Deloitte though, so every cloud.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by hodgey111

Sat down to do the EY tests after being invited to sit them on Friday evening, only to be told that the time limit had expired. They gave me 3 days exactly from 17:12 Friday to do them it seems, which is annoying as I was away this weekend and this evening was the first opportunity I had to sit them. I have emailed them requesting an extension but I am not optimistic.

I was also invited to do the PwC online assessments, and they were comfortably the hardest tests I've ever done in my life. The inductive reasoning and numerical reasoning I struggled with particularly, but the personality questionnaire was just so long-winded with repeated questions.

Not optimistic on either count. Still waiting for an interview date with Deloitte though, so every cloud.

I think it happens to everyone.

My KPMG application was looking solid. I sat down to take the numerical test, and it all fell apart. Everything about that numerical test was awful for me. And I didn't even get put through to take the Deloitte tests. *
Original post by hodgey111

Hi, just wanted to know did you apply for a school leavers programme or graduate role at pwc since i did the tests for pwc and i only got numerical and verbal reasoning tests. They told me my results but they said you have to wait 5 days to let you know your progress to the next stage (that was last wednesday so should get an email today).

EY those tests I found hard and i agree the worst part for them was to give such a pathetic deadline.
Question:

I submitted my application to EY for actuarial services quite a few days ago and still no invitation to any online tests - any reason? Is it different between divisions?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by Paraphilos
Question:
I submitted my application to EY for actuarial services quite a few days ago and still no invitation to any online tests - any reason? Is it different between divisions?

My invitation to online tests took quite a while to come through so I'm sure you'll get them soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by popcornjpg
Anyone here applying for school leavers or is this just for grads?

school leavers... applied for EY and PWC.
Original post by yusuf_777
school leavers... applied for EY and PWC.

have EY sent you tests yet?
Original post by popcornjpg
have EY sent you tests yet?

yes they sent it after a week.
Reply 95
Hey anyone done the verbal and numerical?/ know the format of the qns any help would be gd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Hey anyone done the verbal and numerical?/ know the format of the qns any help would be gd

Posted from TSR Mobile

on their website for the numerical it says 12 questions and there is no time limit (this was the same last year). doesnt say anthing about verbal.

but might have completely changed it this year.
Reply 97
Yh was thinking that that's why I was seeing if anyone knows what its about /see if it changed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
does any1 know if Grant Thornton have opened all their graduate roles for 2017?
Reply 99
Yh was thinking that that's why I was seeing if anyone knows what its about /see if it changed

Posted from TSR Mobile

my friend got an email to them. They said both tests are not timed, for the verbal u have to pick if the statement is true, false or cannot say.

Has any1 been rejected by EY yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending