The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForgetMe

:colonhash:

:toofunny: gardening eh? lol
you are for real a generous lad though I can tell
I'm mostly British (not very exciting family haha) though my great grandfather was from Denmark I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
American - Korean - Chinese - (currently attending British uni)
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
:frown: I thought you were never gonaa come back, :colone: I was so sad, I was crying, ik deep right :colondollar: It's good! Lol, I'm tryna make some new friends and I've made 2-ish lol, everyone is so shy :h:

You were proper crying?! :K: lol
is only been a week like since school started. I'm sure you'll have the time of your life. For me I'm so glad it's over but at the same time I look back like it weren't even that bad. :biggrin: And you're much nicer and cleverer than me as well so you'll do fine.
Original post by Abby3112
I'm mostly British (not very exciting family haha) though my great grandfather was from Denmark I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psh millions of people around the world wanna be British and come here, it's very exciting :biggrin:
Original post by Penmer
American - Korean - Chinese - (currently attending British uni)

Yank eh? :wink: Whereabouts in UK then? Very brave for studying abroad.
Original post by 0to100
You were proper crying?! :K: lol
is only been a week like since school started. I'm sure you'll have the time of your life. For me I'm so glad it's over but at the same time I look back like it weren't even that bad. :biggrin: And you're much nicer and cleverer than me as well so you'll do fine.

Yupp! I was really upset yano! I was talking about you to my two best-friends today, but they dont understand, like I swear you mean a LOT to me. :innocent:
Awwhhhh thanks! That's so sweet of youu :kiss::lovehug: Trust me your absolutely lovely! x Haters gonaa hate :wink:
Original post by Athena64
I'm a U.S. citizen and lived there for five years but I'm the UK now and have been for ten or so years.

With Brexit I'm not sure if I wanna be a UK citizen, one of the reasons my family moved here was so they could move around the EU and live there without going through immigration again.

That being said I really dunno what nationality I am. I don't feel at home in the UK because people love to make fun of me for my accent and I'm not familiar enough with the U.S. because I've been gone for so long - so I'm kinda alienated when I go there because I'm not familiar with the culture e.g. freshman, sophomores etc. What does it mean?!

:dontknow:
What do any of us mean? Are we all just a painting waiting to come to life? :moon:
Still trying to figure that one out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that soooo. Ever been Amsterdam?:wink:
There seems to be some confusion regarding what the word "nationality" means. As an example - if your parents are both Chinese, however they emigrated to the UK and you were born and raised in the UK, you're a UK native. Your nationality is British. Your ethnicity would be Asian, however, and your race would be Chinese (though, race and ethnicity are generally considered to be interchangeable terms). Hence the questions "What is your nationality?" and "How would you describe your ethnicity?" both typically being featured on application forms.

My nationality is English. My parents are both English. As for my ethnicity, if you can call it that, my mum comes from an Irish-Aussie family and my dad a Scottish family, but as I said my parents are both considered English.
(edited 7 years ago)
My nationality is British
I'm English.
I'm also half Pakistani. I do not identify as British-Pakistani, I identify as White/Asian when filling out forms.
English
Original post by donutaud15
Still trying to figure that one out

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you mean?

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Yupp! I was really upset yano! I was talking about you to my two best-friends today, but they dont understand, like I swear you mean a LOT to me. :innocent:
Awwhhhh thanks! That's so sweet of youu :kiss::lovehug: Trust me your absolutely lovely! x Haters gonaa hate :wink:

You have not told anyone about me :hide: lol what have you been saying :wink:
Fink I wanna move Liverpool as well uno...a friend of mine needs a flatmate. :beard:
Original post by 0to100
Me mum is English, dad is Scottish :u:

:medieval::viking:

I'm Dutch and English, but I may try for Bonairean citizenship.
Original post by WoodyMKC
There seems to be some confusion regarding what the word "nationality" means. As an example - if your parents are both Chinese, however they emigrated to the UK and you were born and raised in the UK, you're a UK native. Your nationality is British. Your ethnicity would be Asian, however, and your race would be Chinese.

Bruv why do this.
And you also need to reverse what you say is Asian and what you say is Chinese, that is laughably wrong. Asian is race Chinese is nationality as China is the country. If someone is not Chinese but lives in China, raised there, has citizenship there, they are Chinese. No matter their race. :facepalm:
Original post by 0to100
What you mean?

You have not told anyone about me :hide: lol what have you been saying :wink:
Fink I wanna move Liverpool as well uno...a friend of mine needs a flatmate. :beard:

I have :wink: Sorryyyy :frown: Na just like on the way back from college today, they think i got a boyfriend and all that, but I was just talking about TSR and that I have a few friends and your one of them, and that you mean alot to me, and you got banned and that I miss you alot, and I ain't saying the last bit :wink:

Spoiler

Nuuuuuuuuuu you cant goooo :cry2: You still gotta meet me yet :frown:
Mate how was I supposed to know :colonhash: I'm not even gonna ask if you've smoked cannabis before...
British With German Blood
White Angolan

Latest